No announcement yet.

BARTON Before XMAS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now before this gets out of hand, let me get one thing straight! lol It has nothing to do with the flask incident, I was digging rocks out of the way of Chris's exhaust! OK?! laughing lots
    Andy (the girly)
    What YOU want something THAT big for???!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bladebabe
      Now before this gets out of hand, let me get one thing straight! lol It has nothing to do with the flask incident, I was digging rocks out of the way of Chris's exhaust! OK?! laughing lots
      Sorry Andrea thats why u was pulling them funny faces then, them rocks must have been heavy lol
      Last edited by ohsupremebeing; 12 December 2004, 22:04.
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Bladebabe
        I think the flask incident has had its run now...whats or who is next? LOL
        Gaz

Comment

Now I 've seen the pics.........thinking......... ow my gosh.......my baby!!....maybe glad i didnt go! LoL

But seriously.......... looks like fun............Not sure about the diggin........(makes note.........wellies, no, waders, and, lots of poly bags for seats etc, no, shrinkwrap my baby, all over,!)

hehe, next time guys{n Gal}.............
          Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Sorry this post is late (parent duties)..

Just wanted to say thanks to all the guys for making a special effort and going to Barton. Had a fantastic day and learned lots of what to do and what not to do...

Gaz, Thanks for thr ride up and down the Xtreme Run.. And of course thanks for the TOW...

Chris, Thanks for the tips and showing us round, and thanks for not letting me go in that hole where you got stuck.. oh and use of the radio as well.

Bob-and co driver, thanks for the offer of all the bits... dont forget me cup holder and fog light..at the next meet... infact forget the fog light.

Andrea, thanks for not offering me a brew.. and letting me spend most of the day looking at your backside... (no more pics andy?)

Anyway.. knackard now, newborn be having a wobbler...

Great day carnt wait for the next one.. and i havent cleaned it so tommorow when i park in the managers car park it should look quality..
            Attached Files

Comment

Glad u had a good time Mark
              and u got some great pics to of me stuck .
              I see we did not get a pic of the missing fog light lol.

I hope u can make it out again m8

Comment

LINK for tyres

Hi Mark "ASSASIN-UK" he is the link for the tyres hope you find what you want, "www.sowdentyres.co.uk"
                Live Life To The Full

Comment

Hi Bob did u not get any pics of the day

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
                    Hi Bob did u not get any pics of the day
                    Me thinks Bob was enjoying his day too much. Good piccies Mark and now you know you can tackle the hills. Next time on your own.

PS. The hills were nothing compared to what we know as the River Run for being chucked about and of course getting stuck. It was unfortunate that the site was too bad to take you down the other hills (side hill and river run)
                    Last edited by Gizmo; 13 December 2004, 20:08.
                    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                      Hi Mark "ASSASIN-UK" he is the link for the tyres hope you find what you want, "www.sowdentyres.co.uk"
                      Just trawled the site and found the prices to be unbelievabley cheap!

However, be warned, although I am not makeing any judgement, its not instantly clear on the site, that these are not "new" tyres, they are retreads.
                      Lifes for smileing at! when ya Surf's not broke!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberSurf
                        Just trawled the site and found the prices to be unbelievabley cheap!

However, be warned, although I am not makeing any judgement, its not instantly clear on the site, that these are not "new" tyres, they are retreads.
                        There are no problems nowadays with Retreads/Remoulds. This has been discussed on several occassions and as Assasin will know from the weekend jaunt and how good they are as I am running on the Colway AT/s purchased from www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com back in April/May

There is also www.formula4x4.com who do this stuff. The difference is that no VAT is charged on the site provided by Bob.
                        Gaz

Comment

I run on BRONCO rubber & they are very good www.bronco4x4.com
                          They do the GRIZZLY CLAW.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Will be needing those tyre links soon enough..!

Yeah gaz yours seemed to be fine while we were going verticle..

I still gotta suss a good balance for the tyres, off road and on road. Tarmac grip and road noise is all a factor to me.. And the time they last as well..

I know i want it all. (and my backs will be different to my fronts.. )

One thing i did not notice was thats sundays jaunt bent my Nudge bar at the bottom when i grounded myself (Dont tell mrs..or about the fog light either. "No love the surf never came with one..."

It will straighten though easily enough..

Pics to follow of course..

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin-uk
                              Will be needing those tyre links soon enough..!

Yeah gaz yours seemed to be fine while we were going verticle..

I still gotta suss a good balance for the tyres, off road and on road. Tarmac grip and road noise is all a factor to me.. And the time they last as well..

I know i want it all. (and my backs will be different to my fronts.. )

One thing i did not notice was thats sundays jaunt bent my Nudge bar at the bottom when i grounded myself (Dont tell mrs..or about the fog light either. "No love the surf never came with one..."

It will straighten though easily enough..

Pics to follow of course..
                              Hi Mark, there are three general categories if you wanna call it that

Road Tyres: 80% on-road 20% off
                              All-Terrain: 50% on-road 50% off-road
                              Mud-Terrian: 20% on-road 80% off-road

If you wanna balance between on-road and off-road then go for the AT all round. You really don't want to mix and match as stability and noise on road could be affected.

You should be able to go to 31/10.5/15s without rubbing on the arches before having a lift job.

Mud Tyres generally have larger nobbles and wider patterns for self-cleaning and this generates the noise whilst on road

If you wanna see more discussions then enter tyres section or enter Tyres in the Search facility. There have been plenty of discussions made in the past

Also watch out for tyres that have rotational settings [ie can only be put on one way - this means that the back left can be switched the front left and right back with right front if you wanna save tread by swapping wheels round but not left with right and vice versa as the tread patterns are designed to go in one direction only and swapping over sides gets them going the wrong way round!]

Hope this helps

PS. Just think as the fog light being damaged as your christening. Its a must!!
                              Many of us have gone through several sets.
                              Last edited by Gizmo; 14 December 2004, 00:35. Reason: adding more info
                              Gaz

Comment

Working...
                              X