Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay and Play Centre Preparations

Hi Guys

What do i need to do to my Surf to prepare it for its first play day this sunday?

I've got M/T tyres and a 1.5 inch body lift on it already. I planning on disconnecting the subwoofer/amp and leaving it at home of course, as well as bolting on the sub guard.

I'm hoping to pick up some recovery strops from Halfords on saturday, btu if i dont manage to pick these up will i still be able to take part?

Do i need a fire extuingisher in the car?

Thanks for any advice

pay n play days all ya need is tow hooks so they can pull you out when ya get stuck !! have fun where you going ? most of these places have different courses depending on your experience level
    Everywhere I go .... Im there

Comment

I'm going to Foxham 4x4 in Wiltshire, its only an hour from my misses' place in Salisbury. I'm gonna bring her along to hold the camera too, but of course, she won't be driving my truck!

Comment

remove side steps and tow bar if you have them, or the terrain will remove them for you.

a suspension life would help to give that bit more ground clearance.

other than that the surf is a capable 4x4 so have fun, and take pictures.

Make sure you get stuck, if you dont then you wasnt trying hard enough!!!
        www.apmautos.com

Comment

Prepare yourself more than your truck!

Don't try and do everything the prep'ed and lifted truck in front does, and don't get carried away trying to prove anything. Try stuff gently at first, so you can back out again, till you have an idea what you need to do get over an obsticle, giving it more throttle and going faster usually just gets you stuck firmer or a bigger repair bill later.

The idea is to drive home afterwards, and still have a fully working truck next week, not waiting for the AA to take you to the nearest garage and cash machine.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

^whs
            if you see some water....the idea is to get through it without making a splash.... remember water and mud are forced up the same on the inside as on the outside...Alternators DO NOT LIKE STICKY MUD. However if you like a free lift home then go for your life!
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Not make a splash! I would love to see YOU try that
              well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Are the standard recovery point alright for my first time there? I have a tow bar at the back of the truck as well, but i hear the ball can snap off?

Comment

Originally posted by Svenb View Post
                  Are the standard recovery point alright for my first time there? I have a tow bar at the back of the truck as well, but i hear the ball can snap off?
                  They will be fine. The tow bar is removable so take it off.

Comment

To be fair I've never seen one break, and if you don't snatch on it it's not likely to. Just take any drop plates off so it's not an anchor.

Having the bar there will help stop you bending the rear bumper if you hit the ground hard.

If you do get really stuck put the strap on one side of the Towbar in line with the chassis.

If you take it off completely you will have no rear recovery points at all.

For average stuck using the Towball is fine, after all it's designed to pull a 3500kg trailer with any amount of abuse by the driver yanking the trailer around.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                      Not make a splash! I would love to see YOU try that
                      So would I...
                      It just when I see a big puddle, the red mist comes down and thats it!
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                        To be fair I've never seen one break, and if you don't snatch on it it's not likely to. Just take any drop plates off so it's not an anchor.

Having the bar there will help stop you bending the rear bumper if you hit the ground hard.

If you do get really stuck put the strap on one side of the Towbar in line with the chassis.

If you take it off completely you will have no rear recovery points at all.

For average stuck using the Towball is fine, after all it's designed to pull a 3500kg trailer with any amount of abuse by the driver yanking the trailer around.
                        i like this advice...its easy.

And, from what i hear, you're kind of a big deal around here.

Comment

Working...
                        X