Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avalanche pics

Hi all,

Pics and short vids from Saturday, enjoy.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...LANCHE%202011/

Gman.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

What was that yellow and green buggy looking thing. Looked easy to spot in the mud...lol...

Looks like everyone is having fun getting their trucks mucky. Glad you've had great weather.

I can't help thinking you may struggle around some of that without decent tyres and plenty of ground clearance, not to mention a bit of protection down below!!
    Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
      I can't help thinking you may struggle around some of that without decent tyres and plenty of ground clearance, not to mention a bit of protection down below!!
      I got round the Avalanche site fine last year in a bog standard Surf (265/70/15 road biased tyres, no body lift, no suspension lift, saggy arse rear end, etc) with the exception of getting bogged down in the water/mud within a couple of minutes of getting onto the off-roading section!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_urGwFchZg

Apart from that it was fine (there had been plenty of rain to make the campsite & the offroading section fairly muddy).

I did lose a fog lamp and bend the exhaust tailpipe during the weekend though.

I was amazed how capable a bog standard Surf actually is off road. It's certainly better than my capabilities were at the time. I'm just a tad braver these days...

Comment

Enjoyed watching that..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Great videos. The dannyboy77 V8 sounds fantastic!

Comment

FPMSL....Brilliant!! Hillarious vid!!

My next question was going to be...Any Damage?, but you've aswered that.

I don't know if i'm brave enough to take my daily driver around that, not with my luck. Right now i would hate to damage it and i don't think it's ever been off-road, apart from maybe the odd playing field.

I think i'd rather purchase a seperate truck to do that so it doesn't matter too much if it gets damaged. They are cheap enough and i could maybe trailer it.
            Now it's time to play!

Comment

Nice! I was thinking of you when a glider came over our camp for a bit. Great weather this weekend, I only got slightly sun burnt and was way better than last year. I'd hoped that of all the rain we had recently that this weekend would be "rained out" and sunny.

Did it get absolutely FREEZING during the night where you were?
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                Great videos. The dannyboy77 V8 sounds fantastic!
                I knew you would comment on that...it did sound great.. makes my diesel sound a bit limp..any news on your beast

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                  I knew you would comment on that...it did sound great.. makes my diesel sound a bit limp..any news on your beast
                  Vince has got stuck into the 1uz as we speak mate. He has started a thread here.
                  I'm working away from home at the moment but I have to say I'm getting very excited now I know the build is up and running!

Comment

A few more.

Errr having trouble loading!!!!

Be back soon.

Last edited by si tate; 1 August 2011, 00:00.
                    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

cool..hopefully get there next yr

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        Errr having trouble loading!!!!

Be back soon.

I have never trusted my sat nav it gets me in sticky spots lol.
                        Anyways it was a good day for it. First time we've to a forum meet and shall be Doin again great bunch of like minded nutters ;-)
                        need more power! ;-)

Comment

We made it back! Admittedly we were on the back of a recovery truck, but we got home!

Now I've got to fix the Surf! New steering arm, idler and tie rods

Thanks to all who were there for making it such a great weekend!

Will put pics up when I have time!
                          Last edited by puddlesurfer; 1 August 2011, 15:11.
                          “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

hi all!

what a good weekend! glad to meet everyone and put faces to avatars! good pics and vids there by grassman! Si have you managed to upload all your vids you took on your I Phone?

the track was bone dry apart from a few bits some people managed to get stuck in! and winched out of!

we did brake a few things there which is always par for the course! wont mention any names! but glad lee got back on the recovery truck OK! serves you right for giving us bad hangovers sunday morning! hehe!

List of broken parts to my knowledge!

front crown wheel
                            front diff mount rubber
                            alternator
                            front steering linkage
                            worn out front brakes
                            my head sunday morning!
                            Last edited by dannyboy77; 1 August 2011, 22:02.
                            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

I lost my fog light but it seems they are classed as annual service replacements on the surf.
                              So glad the weather was good, myself and lewis loved every bit especially with people being so friendly and welcoming.
                              Thanks all.

Dazza
                              Non consternationes.

Comment

Working...
                              X