X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devil's Pit 19th September

Anyone up for the 19th at Devils Pit?
    Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

I'm going to delay this trip - I'm going sailing with my ol' man instead.

Comment

Fairly sure I'll be going though

Regards

TFB

Comment

Did you go? Was it any good? Any pics??

Comment

Yep, had a good day out at the pit.

Managed to loose the top of my snorkel to some low branches, rear fog lamp and front number plate went missing at some point, lost one wind deflector against a tree (just need to scrape off the other three now ).

Met another Surf going round on their first outing and tested out my winch mount by dragging them backwards out of some deep mud.

No action photos as my mate who normally comes with me couldn't make it and I tried giving the video camera to my 8yr old...but she couldn't grasp the concept that you need to hold it still and point it out the window and not at the floor!

The only real problem I had was a clogged radiator. It seems that these days garages don't have jet washes any more, or at least all the ones I tried in Luton didn't. I ended up doing the trip home in 10 mile stints, stopping at every petrol station I came across to fill back up with cold water and try to wash the radiator out with the trickles of water that come out of the taps.

I really don't want to get rid of the aircon, but the aircon radiator does block a large chuck of the radiator and makes it a sod to clean out. I know the obvious answer is to not to go through clay filled puddles, but then why drive a 4x4???.

I think I might bypass the transmission cooler part of the rad, fit a couple of electric fans and remove the cowling and make a quick release bracket for the radiator so that I can whip it out fairly easily to clean out prior to driving home.

A couple of pics from the end of the session.

Regards

TFB

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
            The only real problem I had was a clogged radiator. It seems that these days garages don't have jet washes any more, or at least all the ones I tried in Luton didn't.
            I've given up looking for garage jet washes and just head for the nearest 'Hand Wash' place. They seem to have the monopoly on high power jet washers.

Comment

Working...
            X