Devil's Pit 27 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devil's Pit 27 June

Had a quick look at Devil’s Pit on the 27th. Young lady who collected the car park fee told me they close the pit in July and August because of holidays and dusty conditions. We parked up and began to have a cuppa. Noticed a lad with a garden sprayer pumping up the pressure. Next thing the lad is spraying a slim chap in blue overalls in a modded zooky. A motorcycle crash helmet soon spider webs the windscreen on the old jalopy the lad is hiding in. Slim is not satisfied with trashing the screen but decides to jump on the bonnet as well. Chap who owns pit truck is lest than pleased and threatens to ram slims Zooky. “!!!! off Palmer don’t be a pratt,” shouts Slim. Time to move away from the mad sods.
    Very few Surfs today but some very expensive Landy’s. One in particular stood out from the rest. Chap told me it was 2 months old and he had spent £45K on it. He said he had to spend another £10K to finish the job!
    Watched the action for a bit, loud crunching of under body damage could be heard from many vehicles. Decided it was not a good day to try my luck for the first time. Wandered back to our truck to find Slim lying under his Zooky. “Transfer box has fell off “ reported Slim. “Me mates gone to find some exhaust mounting bolts to get it going again” I mentioned the expensive Landy. “This one cost £175 plus the modifications” grinned Slim. “Go any where it will” Having seen Slim in action I believed him. Who went off to buy the rubber mounting bolts? the same chap Slim had trashed the screen for. Slightly bewildered I made my way out of the pit. Who said "another cup of lunatic soup please"?
    Don
    Still rolling and waving

Originally posted by Oldone
    Had a quick look at Devil’s Pit on the 27th. Young lady who collected the car park fee told me they close the pit in July and August because of holidays and dusty conditions. We parked up and began to have a cuppa. Noticed a lad with a garden sprayer pumping up the pressure. Next thing the lad is spraying a slim chap in blue overalls in a modded zooky. A motorcycle crash helmet soon spider webs the windscreen on the old jalopy the lad is hiding in. Slim is not satisfied with trashing the screen but decides to jump on the bonnet as well. Chap who owns pit truck is lest than pleased and threatens to ram slims Zooky. “!!!! off Palmer don’t be a pratt,” shouts Slim. Time to move away from the mad sods.
    Very few Surfs today but some very expensive Landy’s. One in particular stood out from the rest. Chap told me it was 2 months old and he had spent £45K on it. He said he had to spend another £10K to finish the job!
    Watched the action for a bit, loud crunching of under body damage could be heard from many vehicles. Decided it was not a good day to try my luck for the first time. Wandered back to our truck to find Slim lying under his Zooky. “Transfer box has fell off “ reported Slim. “Me mates gone to find some exhaust mounting bolts to get it going again” I mentioned the expensive Landy. “This one cost £175 plus the modifications” grinned Slim. “Go any where it will” Having seen Slim in action I believed him. Who went off to buy the rubber mounting bolts? the same chap Slim had trashed the screen for. Slightly bewildered I made my way out of the pit. Who said "another cup of lunatic soup please"?
    Don
    you'll find these places have people who are happy to pay entrance and sit there all day fixing motors!... there are those trying their best not to roll, and the others who want to roll... strange lot you know!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

You don't have to be mad to offroad, but it helps!
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

And there was me thinking it was compulsory
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Oldone
          Don
          You silly old duffer, that was me and crash test Alan. We are at the pit on every event.
          I got the mounting bolts, and the zook was fixed. However Alan had a raging toothache that day and I upset him again and lost my whole windscreen.
          Ah well who gives a stuff about windscreens anyway..............
          I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
            You silly old duffer, that was me and crash test Alan. We are at the pit on every event.
            I got the mounting bolts, and the zook was fixed. However Alan had a raging toothache that day and I upset him again and lost my whole windscreen.
            Ah well who gives a stuff about windscreens anyway..............

you upset CTA well I never, so it was headlights last time out and the screen this time, best you leave the lump hammer at home next time
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
              you upset CTA well I never, so it was headlights last time out and the screen this time, best you leave the lump hammer at home next time
              Yup
              Upset him twice, I lost the whole windscreen,, however, he is the one now missing a tooth
              I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
                Yup
                Upset him twice, I lost the whole windscreen,, however, he is the one now missing a tooth
                You didn't have to hit him that hard, surely?
                Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Working...
                X