Working weekend 8/9 may near Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working weekend 8/9 may near Reading

Hi folks, some of us in the Thames Valley 4x4 Club are having a bit of a working weekend on a brand new large wooded site near Yattendon to the west of reading. The site itself is stunning to look at....almost a shame to drive on
    We are chopping down dead trees and dragging them around, utilising them to form a new course . So bring your car along for log dragging and of course, testing duties
    If you have a bit of time to spare and fancy designing your own areas then please let me know. We have a JCB on hand to dig out areas and provide us with plenty of humps and bumps to play with!
    We are starting on the saturday morning, do a bit of work through the day and wind up to a bbq in the evening.(Hopefully with a couple of beers to wash it down!)
    Camping over is fine with the landowner and the club trailer will be there to provide electricity and a toilet facility. Sunday will be pretty much the same with free lunches provided for all helpers
    No rough too tough, we drive at five. Or something like that!!! Hehehe

Oops! Forgot to put my contact number on.....07958530762

Comment

Oooohhh I love driving JCB's.............
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Map to Oxley Shaw wood

Just thought i should add a map!

Russ

Comment

Hi Russ

Is this site going to replace Pingewood ? If so is it bigger and better ?
          Non road legal vehicles allowed ? ie the suzi
          I would like to come along and help but can not commit at present as list of work at home and other places is growing very quickly .

Rick
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Hi Rick, this place will possibly replace Pingewood, and yes you can drive anything you like!
            How were the tyres at Langdale? Did you have a good time?
            Russ

Comment

Russ - your map doesnt work??? We'll try to be there!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/pingewood4x4/oxley.JPG

You have to copy and paste this link into a new Internet Explorer window. Geocities don't like people linking through to stuff hosted on their servers.

Comment

and do we get free xmas trees from the estate?
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Try this link then!
                    http://www.geocities.com/pingewood4x...?1083747370915

Russ

Comment

Would love to come and help by the way but I can't make it this time.

Comment

trees

if you need any trees cutting you,l have to get dabigman to give me a bell i can possibly make it sat pm /sun .got to put a shed up on sat morning .

Comment

The more helpers we have the merrier! Any offers of chainsaws or cars with towbars for log-lugging duties, gratefully recieved.
                          Must admit i hardly ever drink but this weekend i will fancy a few cold ones by saturday night!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ
                            The more helpers we have the merrier! Any offers of chainsaws or cars with towbars for log-lugging duties, gratefully recieved.
                            Must admit i hardly ever drink but this weekend i will fancy a few cold ones by saturday night!!!
                            we're bringing one chain saw, 1 car with a tow bar, and a trailer. also petrol cutters, hand saws etc...
                            See you Sat!!
                            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X