Slab common- Bordon this Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slab common- Bordon this Sunday

The Fourwheeldriveclub are doing a day out at this pay and play site on Sunday. It would be nice to have a few Surfs there to keep me company and show the others what they can do!

You dont have to be a member to attend just get your name on the list or add your name to this thread

Details are here:
    http://forum.fourwheeldriveclub.com/....php?f=19&t=12

Are these days okay for noobs / hairdressers / stock truck owners?

Comment

Yep should be fine as long as you stick to what you are comfortable with. Worst that can happen is you get stuck and someone can pull you out.

If you have road tyres on you should be ok on the easier bits particularly if its dry or if you dont mind spending some time de- and re- wheeling I could bring you a set of wheels with AT tyres down to use if you like?

Comment

Sounds good. I'll have a chat with the other half as see what she's got organised for Sunday.

I'll sign up to that forum and get the details.

If you don't hear from me, don't worry about the AT tyres. But if I get a green light, I may be in touch.

Would be nice to know what the truck can do. At the moment, parking on the drive is the most offroad I've taken it.
        Last edited by Bibbs; 23 July 2008, 10:10.

Comment

In that case you have to come! You'll be wearing a grin for a long time afterwards!
          Just drop me a PM anytime before sat night and I can bring the wheels for you

Comment

That sounds like a plan.

Comment

Just thought. Not sure whether Gen3 and gen 2 surfs can swop wheels or not?

Anyone?

Comment

What a great day! Turned up with the other half and two mates, so all of had a play.

Managed to get stuck twice. First time was pulled out by a friendly Landy driver, and then the 2nd was a mate got stuck and Paul (BioSurf) kindly turned up just in time

Really good time had, apart from bending the front diff cover.

Thanks for the heads up Paul, and thanks for pulling me out the mud too.

Hope you got your plank and jack back okay!

Comment

Good pics

But

One is going for a caption competition, sorry cannot resist

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Agree there Trev - looks like you had a good time Bibbs. Nice pics.
                    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

I loved it, as did the others who came with me.

Was a bit of a downer with the diff cover. I had to bend it back and head home.

Comment

Good to meet you today Bibbs, and give you that tug from behind (actually maybe I should move that to the caption thread! )

Great day with lots of different terrain, got well a truly stuck and had to be winched out a few times, pulled a few others out too.

Hat off to Bibbs who though in a shiny third gen with immaculate paint steamed onto the site and raced past the rest of us. all you could hear was a woohoo!! left in the air
                        He threw himself in to the site with road tyres on and as the only other surf there, did us proud.
                        No curling tongs in sight!

Heres some of me stuck. My passenger thought we were going to roll over. No faith some people!
                        [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by biosurf; 27 July 2008, 21:14.

Comment

My old truck... stuck again!!!!

I clean forgot you were going mate or I would have tagged along!
                          More Lift.
                          More Tyres.
                          More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                          X