Brick Kiln update- the shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick Kiln update- the shame

So.... went off to Brick Kiln today thinking 'there's bound to be some other 4x4's there.' Drove up to the site and past a track being used by dirt bikes and buggys and got directed into the woods.
    Noone else there, lots of deep sticky mud and pits about 4 foot under water.

Made it through most of the mud fine then got completely stuck in what looked like one of the easier bits. Mud was very sticky clay (hence 'brick kiln' i guess) Spent ages airing down the tyres even more then trying to pack sticks etc. under the tyres then jacked both front wheels and jammed sticks and branches underneath them to try and get some traction.

Whilst I was doing this one of the buggys came and asked if I wanted him to try and pull me out. Nothing to lose I thought but didn't hope for much.

Fair play to him though. The buggy must have weighed a fraction of what the Surf did but with it pulling and his passenger pushing I managed to slither out of the hole I was in.

Slightly embarrassing, but very very funny! Think he was very chuffed too. Quite a good site, though didnt seem that big but really one that either needs another vehicle or is a really good excuse to start saving for a winch (I'm sure when thoughts like that go through my head I can feel my bank card start to burrow deeper in my pocket away from my reach!)

To console myself went laning in Gomshall on the way home and met our new member Goodcat who had valiently been attempting Beggars Lane- (probably the most challenging lane I've been on so far) in a Surf with weeny tyres and a skirt on the front bumper! Good luck to him and nice one for giving himself a baptism of fire. Anything else should seem plain sailing after making it part way up there then reversing down it!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by biosurf; 13 July 2008, 02:12.

If I had known there was a stuck surf there I would have come and winched you out!

Only 15 Mins away.
    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
    X