X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briercliffe Quarry Funday

Funday this Sunday 6th at Briercliffe:

http://www.briercliffe4x4.com/index.html

Will be going as long as the driveshaft swap goes OK tomorrow. (Thanks in advance Ohsupremebeing)
    Also I think Grimreeper, Hilux are going. Slugsie, Blackpoolsparks, anybody else up for a play?
    Powered by Toyota!

pics from Briercliffe4x4

Great day out nice seeing everyone again. I cant get the pics on they r to big i will resize them.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

super day

Thanks to everybody- what a fantastic site! I really like it, not too much mud and water and some really cool technical sections. The routes themselves are not very damaging but the consequences of working your way into the poo if you have difficulties will no doubt end up in a complicated recovery or a tip-over. I could have done with MT`s but got away with Colway AT`s which performed surprisingly well except when they got clogged up with the clayey stuff. Most of the terrain is slatey, rocky shale with muddy sections, steep hills and rutted, sloping twisters. Fantastic location on top of the moors with great views.
      I smell a summer barbie in that field by the side of car park!

Cheers for now and cant wait for the next one.
      chris
      Powered by Toyota!

Comment

here r 2pics
        Attached Files

Comment

some more pics
          Attached Files

Comment

even more pics
            Attached Files

Comment

last ones now
              Attached Files

Comment

Hilux bob got home ok after we had to change both front wheels on the motorway. After the change over, all seemed well. Bob will be having a closer look tomorrow. Fingers crossed its not the Diff.

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
                  Hilux bob got home ok after we had to change both front wheels on the motorway. After the change over, all seemed well. Bob will be having a closer look tomorrow. Fingers crossed its not the Diff.
                  what was wrong with the front wheels...thought it was the diff that had gone.
                  I wondered where you 2 went as we joined the motorway. 1 min there was 4 then there was 2.
                  Thanks to every1 that came it was a great day and at least we know they have the kit 2 pull us out if stuck.
                  BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
                    I wondered where you 2 went as we joined the motorway. 1 min there was 4 then there was 2.
                    Thanks to every1 that came it was a great day and at least we know they have the kit 2 pull us out if stuck.

Bob will tell u lol

Comment

Hi Jon once we left the site and got on the main road there was a very BAD shaking coming from the front, so we pulled in to the B+Q again and checked things out only thing we could see was my left front tyre had spun on the rim. So we started home but the shaking got worse Chris "Ohso" spoted my right front wheel was shaking so we pulled over and changed it we did not get far and it was still the same so changed the left front wheel and everything was fine then. l am thinking that l have buckled my left wheel and the clunking was some rocks between the wheel rim and the caliper l will check it out in a day or two.

Hilux Bob
                      Live Life To The Full

Comment

I had a great day out too. Thanks Chris for giving me the heads-up. Briercliffe seems like a good site, just about the right size for a days play, varied terrain, and friendly site staff.

Once again, the Greenway Machos did me proud. Didn't get stuck once, and managed some long up-hill climbs that were stumping many other vehicles. I haven't had a chance to sort out the (few) photos I took, but I'll upload them when I can.

Hope you get the car sorted Bob.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
                          I had a great day out too. Thanks Chris for giving me the heads-up. Briercliffe seems like a good site, just about the right size for a days play, varied terrain, and friendly site staff.

Once again, the Greenway Machos did me proud. Didn't get stuck once, and managed some long up-hill climbs that were stumping many other vehicles. I haven't had a chance to sort out the (few) photos I took, but I'll upload them when I can.

Hope you get the car sorted Bob.
                          Your welcome Paul and well done on the hill climb it took some doing i was i bit to far back to get a pic for you

Comment

Dont know how the rest of you found the mud and sandy shale but it sets like concrete. Took some blasting off.
                            Wel i managed to crush the rear bumper side, bent the exhaust, broke the centre silencer box and crushed the fairlead rollers on the winch when i came to a sudden stop on a rock. ooooppppps

Hope yours is ok bob.
                            BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Dont know how the rest of you found the mud and sandy shale but it sets like concrete. Took some blasting off.
                              Wel i managed to crush the rear bumper side, bent the exhaust, broke the centre silencer box and crushed the fairlead rollers on the winch when i came to a sudden stop on a rock. ooooppppps

Hope yours is ok bob.

Not got round to cleaning mine yet. I have only moved the rear bumper on drivers side up a little, I may fine more as the mud comes off

Comment

Working...
                              X