No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone

Firstly let me say, this forum is one of the friendliest i have ever been on keep it up guys and "girls".

and now to the point.

I have just purchased my first 4 wheel drive, and yes its a Surf ( I have wanted one for years and now i am divorced i thought what the hell) so to the point.

I live close to Devils Pit off road centre, and wondered if any of you guys had been there. If you have please could you let me know if it is suitable for me to take my first real off road adventure. I am of course a novice and have no experience but willing to try (woohoo).

I would rather the love of my life was not hurt (and i dont mean my ex lol)

Any advice would be fantastic

Thanks

Jay

Hello Mate and welcome. The best advice is get yourself onto an off road day and go round with a bod who knows the tricks, then build up slowley and have fun.

Colin
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

i must agree with charvell as i was in the same spot as you only last year, and through the forum i met nero down at woodlands and he took me round so i got a good idea where as to go and not to go now. and what i can expect to be able to do without ripping or damaging bodywork off etc. and so pre armed with a bit of course knowledge its down to your bravery then. all the best . ps im prob going to woodlands in march i can recomend that for ya if u wanted to join .

Comment

Welcome Jay,

Like the others say, find someone to go out with and show you round. But it's down to confidence and getting to know your vehicle. Woodlands is a nice small site with a good selection of tracks to suit most vehicles. I'm quite happy to show you round as i did for chris, 'summinelse'. I'm no expert though. I should be there first sunday in march, i think it's the 4th or 5th. Devil's Pit has a good reputation and is a popular site, the only thing is that it's that much bigger, i think, i've never been there though, but your best bet is to arrange to meet someone wherever you go first time, preferably someone that knows the site and drives a similar vehicle, they then will have a good idea of what routes are suitable for your vehicle and/or experience.

Woodlands is about 10-15 minutes from dartford tunnel, their website is www.woodlands4x4.ic24.net
        Last edited by nero279; 8 February 2007, 19:03. Reason: wrong link
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Hi Jay I'm hoping to get a day at norfolk offroad site over the easter bank holiday,but our closest site is Bures near Colchester and is a bit friendlyer than the pit,not to sure when we will go next but I'll post up the next time we go.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

hey jay
            friendliest you say there all barking on here son
            but there a giggle
            come to the norfolk day it's blinding good fun all day or weekend if you stop over at the hotel too
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

yello there nero if i can book holiday for the 4th of march il joins you matie, but i know il have to be there early as it seem to be filling up earlier and earlier.

Comment

Well thanks for all your advice folks will try to make the Norfolk one looks like a giggle.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                X