Bures Pics 01/10/2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bures Pics 01/10/2006

To those who we there (good to see old and new surfers there!) heres a couple of pics... we dont have many as its so hard to find a place where you can get out!
    We had a great day I loved the site.... the horrible noise/engine prob fixed itself after THIS and the reason you didnt see me for a long time is because I got stuck! it took 20mins to get me out and several others got stuck in the meantime - we broke two ropes and resorted to a chain
    Still it was good fun and now my aircon gas has run away after bending the pipe might take the silly thing out!!!

will post some more pics/vid later on and sorry we had to dash off.

NB: a Landy driver who had some serious mods said to my mate "you wont break a SURF!" - praise indeed!
    Last edited by dirtydog; 1 October 2006, 19:24.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Thats a very dirty video, Tim.
    We had a good day too, it did get worse but i'll tell you why in a second.
    It was nice to meet a couple of other SURFers and have a chat (while waiting for a burger at the slowest burger van in Essex). Bures was so muddy today, completely different to last time I went. I managed my first recovery, pulling a little Suzuki out from where he was well plugged. I was so chuffed I promptly circled my Surf round and got stuck not 20 yards from where I left him, and had to be recovered myself, which sort of negated my skill. Anyway, it was a whole lot of fun. We left in the rain and went into Colchester, heading for the A12, but on the sliproad a guy in a Lotus Elise decided we were too slow going up the hill so undertook us, he didnt quite get it right and spun in the wet, he slammed into my front wheel and sent me into the barriers, before disappearing under the bull-bar for a moment then re-emerging and spinning into the opposite barrier. Both of us and my passenger Jo were all ok thankfully, the front of the Surf is a bit twisted. His car dissintergrated before our very eyes. The Surf got us home, it didnt look so pretty and sounded awful as the exhaust broke in two, before it spilled the radiator on the drive. Poor thing needs a good wash and some tlc now.
    Hopefully it will get what it needs, will be phoning the insurance people tomorrow.
    So, in all a very exciting day. I hope to be SURFing again very soon, cos i ain't ever buying a little sports car now.

Comment

does my name do it justice?

its not supposed to be like that.. crashing on the way home! - glad everyone is ok though. I presume they accepted fault?

We had the most torrential rain on the way home and my MT's on the back are cleaner than when I got them

some pics...
      look at th landy's new swish prop
      Tim

Comment

Yep a good day was had even if I did need to be pulled out of a tight spot,it was the basement birds fault she said she went through that bit in bunny so I had to give it a go but as you can see i didnt make it,why not I hear you cry? Well it was cos I was sort of in the wrong gear thingy (4h instead of 4L).

Glad to hear your ok Richard and you got home ok,we saw that yellow lotus in the barrier on our way home and wondered how it got there.Hope your surf gets better before Norfolk.
        Tim rip that aircon out you dont need it winters comming.
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
          Well it was cos I was sort of in the wrong gear thingy (4h instead of 4L).
          At least you were in 4wd
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog

some pics...
            look at th landy's new swish prop
            That looks like the propshaft from the corvette thread!
            Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
              Yep a good day was had even if I did need to be pulled out of a tight spot,it was the basement birds fault she said she went through that bit in bunny so I had to give it a go but as you can see i didnt make it,why not I hear you cry? Well it was cos I was sort of in the wrong gear thingy (4h instead of 4L).

Glad to hear your ok Richard and you got home ok,we saw that yellow lotus in the barrier on our way home and wondered how it got there.Hope your surf gets better before Norfolk.
              Tim rip that aircon out you dont need it winters comming.
              yeah i think your right rick and it always breaks before winter anyway!
              onboard air sounds like a plan

by the way i got round that bit in my surf later on, there were some really good tight bits at bures im def going back there!
              Tim

Comment

now that is what a surf is supposed to look like! lol! when i see a clean shiny one, i always think that there is something missing, MUD! can't wait till ours is fixed (fingers crossed) and get out there too! (Mrs Sledge!)

Comment

Working...
                X