New to surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to surfs

Hi just got 1993 surf to tow and have fun,wondered if anyone can help with these; Allou wheels cant get to undoo them cant get a socet on the gap is to small between the nut and the wheel,got a clunk on wheel when turning full lock or droping down off the curb,have got new bulbs for head lights but cant work out if I have to remove stuff behind the headlights to change them,also have new speedo face to put in if I remove the upper dashis it worth getting the blue lights on ebay to put in at the same time.Its a diesel 2.4 Auto.Having probs with the aircon (r12) all the places I have contacted will not touch it ,anyone got any phone numbers (anything you think would be usefull for me to know please say)
    Attached Files
    Stop it that tickles

The clonk you hear is the steering stops. There is normally a plastic cap on them but they wear through and thats why you get the noise. A blob of grease stops the noise. In the yellow circle in the photo is the steering stops.

You need to get r13A air-con gas, but with this new gas you might need other parts replacing, such as rubber seals wich raises the cost a bit, expect to pay around £120!!

oh yeah, welcome on board newbie!!
    Attached Files

Comment

thanks bud for a quick response is the one in the blue circle the grease nipple ?
      Stop it that tickles

Comment

Yup, balljoint grease nipple, they're not fitted as standard but some people have fitted them.

Comment

On the wheel nut issue, I bought a socket set from Halfrauds that fit.

Nice Surf by the way!
          Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, you'll probably need one of those deep sockets for the wheel nuts, or you could swap wheels with me and use the standard Toyota wheel wrench!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Yeah, you'll probably need one of those deep sockets for the wheel nuts, or you could swap wheels with me and use the standard Toyota wheel wrench!

Nice try Vince
              I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Not fair.... I had my hand straight up in the air to tell teacher it was that steering stops grease thing. I never get to go first.

Nice motor by the way, welcome aboard.

Oh yeah, if you take the dash off, do anything you can think of back there (including the ding ding if you've got one) - it's a right pain in the @rse getting the speedo cable connected again.

Comment

Originally posted by pkh
                  Hi just got 1993 surf to tow and have fun,wondered if anyone can help with these; Allou wheels cant get to undoo them cant get a socet on the gap is to small between the nut and the wheel,got a clunk on wheel when turning full lock or droping down off the curb,have got new bulbs for head lights but cant work out if I have to remove stuff behind the headlights to change them,also have new speedo face to put in if I remove the upper dashis it worth getting the blue lights on ebay to put in at the same time.Its a diesel 2.4 Auto.Having probs with the aircon (r12) all the places I have contacted will not touch it ,anyone got any phone numbers (anything you think would be usefull for me to know please say)
                  Welcome to the Nut House - here's a tip for the bit that got missed, to change the headlights it is easier to remove the battery (or batteries) and go in from behind.

A search will also give you the hint that you shouldn't do it with builders watching (GTDOG's great post ) or when the light is fading.

Trev

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

AC Gas

http://www.car-air-conditioning-supp...1&cat=0&page=1

Try this link. This is a direct replacement for R12 and can be used to refill the AC system.

Comment

If you havent already sorted a wheel nut socket then use a spark plug socket. They're long reach, thin wall and 21mm. Worked a treat on mine.
                      BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
                      X