X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avon Dassett Campout 28/29th May

Anyone up for this:

http://www.oxygen4x4.co.uk/oxyevents.html

Looks like good value- might be tempted to go. Need to try out the new tent!

Nevillef
    Last edited by laser_jock99; 30 May 2005, 10:59.

Originally posted by laser_jock99
    Anyone up for this:

http://www.oxygen4x4.co.uk/oxyevents.html

Looks like good value- might be tempted to go. Need to try out the new tent!

Nevillef
    MMM. Another campout. At this rate I'll be spending more time in my caravan than at home. I'm checking the roster.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

anyone going to this one then we could be tempted
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        MMM. Another campout. At this rate I'll be spending more time in my caravan than at home. I'm checking the roster.
        Phil we just exchanged our van for a smaller 2005 Sprite, We cant come to this one unfortuanately.
        Attached Files
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Phil we just exchanged our van for a smaller 2005 Sprite, We cant come to this one unfortuanately.
          We put the tent up today to test it - a 30 year old frame tent! Took about an hour to figure it out. For one night though we'll just use the bun tents (weather permitting- if it's anything like this weekend I'm driving home!).

Nevillef

Comment

Cant make it - we're in the bar at the Middle Wallop Kite and Buggy festival!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Too soon for us, sounds good value though, maybe next year.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Derek T M
                Too soon for us, sounds good value though, maybe next year.

Derek
                Weather forecast is looking good- I'm gonna dust down the camping gear!!

Nevillef

Comment

Too soon after me hols, but maybe the next one.
                  Rob & Miranda

Surfing on the south coast

Comment

Probably be down on the Sunday - keep the place warm
                    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Another good weekend- even the rain held off for the campout- Sunday morning was gloriously sunny. The quarry was drier than usual and mud was hard to find but the drieness of some slopes made getting traction 'interesting'! There were three rollovers on one spot where they don't normally happen.

Gamedawn was the only other Surfer present- but there was one pretty battered Hilux pickup proving that that these things really are indestructable. It carried on going even after being rolled over and filling the cylinders with oil. The car was towed in reverse, then shoved into 5th gear and that cleared the hydraulic block from the cylinders. Then the 2.4 diesel was re-started and carried on going round!

Can't seem to post attachments at the moment so photos are here:

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/4x4/1452182

Nevillef

Comment

i really must get my act together..
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Another good weekend- even the rain held off for the campout- Sunday morning was gloriously sunny. The quarry was drier than usual and mud was hard to find but the drieness of some slopes made getting traction 'interesting'! There were three rollovers on one spot where they don't normally happen.

Gamedawn was the only other Surfer present- but there was one pretty battered Hilux pickup proving that that these things really are indestructable. It carried on going even after being rolled over and filling the cylinders with oil. The car was towed in reverse, then shoved into 5th gear and that cleared the hydraulic block from the cylinders. Then the 2.4 diesel was re-started and carried on going round!

Can't seem to post attachments at the moment so photos are here:

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/4x4/1452182

Nevillef
                          Just after you'd gone the guy with the LandCruiser turned up. Serious respect! - 04 plate LC that's already been rolled and got various bits of "unnecessary plastic" missing going to all the places he shouldn't have - often on 3 wheels. Got some pics I'll try and sort out later.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Gamedawn; 30 May 2005, 18:12. Reason: Added pictures
                          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                            Just after you'd gone the guy with the LandCruiser turned up. Serious respect! - 04 plate LC that's already been rolled and got various bits of "unnecessary plastic" missing going to all the places he shouldn't have - often on 3 wheels. Got some pics I'll try and sort out later.
                            That's got to be the most abused new Land Cruiser in the country!

Nevillef

Comment

That's got to be the most abused new Land Cruiser in the country!

Nevillef
                              Huge respect
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X