Urgent help needed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help needed ..

The military have been sneeky and only advertised byway closures in the lesser read Wiltshire times and not in all the local papers, also they did not inform the local user groups.
    I need help with objections but we only have till the end of next week to register them, The Byways they plan to close are Honeydown bottom and Summer down (Tilshead 9&28) they say they can not clear these routes for safe access but it is part of their obligations to make the rotes safe for use. Please e-mail your objections to .... nationalcasework@dft.gsi.gov.u k

Please note it they get these then the long tern plan is to close all non allweather tracks .

Many Thanks Ian.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

BTW the county ROW department only found out yesterday as the paper work was submitted to the wrong department and it's taken 3 weeks to get to them.

Comment

Any template we need to copy?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

http://interactive.toronline.co.uk/v...php?f=19&t=195

Jinx
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

You have to have your own letter any templates are ignored.

Comment

Can you give the specific byway names and routes etc needed so we dont forget to mention them
            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

There
              The Byways they plan to close are Honeydown bottom and Summer down (Tilshead 9&28)

Comment

All part of the plan to get rid of more staff. If they just close the lot, they wont need to man gates anymore.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  All part of the plan to get rid of more staff. If they just close the lot, they wont need to man gates anymore.
                  So true

Comment

There's probably a more constructive way to approach this. With the help of any greenlaning groups your a member of, why don't you offer to man the gates yourselves with suitably qualified people?
                    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                      There's probably a more constructive way to approach this. With the help of any greenlaning groups your a member of, why don't you offer to man the gates yourselves with suitably qualified people?
                      ?
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        ?
                        Read Andy's post from earlier for the reason why the routes will be closed. It's a fair stance to take IMO.
                        En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

I believe we may be at some point of confusion.
                          If I have read the OP correctly the issue was of a stealthy approach at a byway closure with documents being sent late and to the wrong department in WCC and an unusual method of notification.
                          As far as I am aware when The Plain is open to the public no gates are manned.
                          Instead the area is policed by Landmarc and the MOD.
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                          X