Clutch prob on dizy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch prob on dizy?

The better halfs dizy has a clutch prob that is puzzling me, last week the pedal stayed on the floor after changing from 2nd to 3rd and only after bouncing the pedal several times did it raise. It has run all week OK since then but yesterday it has started to give a grinding feeling through the pedal whenever the clutch is pressed, it still changes gear fine but there is this grinding feeling , only when the pedal is pressed though.

The fluid level is high , just below the max mark and there is no slip at all.

Would this be a sign of a thrust bearing on its way out?

Any help apreciated.

Many thanks
    Fish
    Last edited by Fish; 14 November 2004, 16:50.
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Originally posted by Fish
    The better halfs dizy has a clutch prob that is puzzling me, last week the pedal stayed on the floor after changing from 2nd to 3rd and only after bouncing the pedal several times did it raise. It has run all week OK since then but yesterday it has started to give a grinding feeling through the pedal whenever the clutch is pressed, it still changes gear fine but there is this grinding feeling , only when the pedal is pressed though.

The fluid level is high , just below the max mark and there is no slip at all.

Would this be a sign of a thrust bearing on its way out?

Any help apreciated.

Many thanks
    Fish
    Could be dirt on the output sleeve of the gearbox the thrust bearing slides on . If a build up of dirt gets on there is can cause this fault . I dought the bearing is breaking up as it would not cause the pedal to jam down .
    On rare occasions the master or slave cylinder can cause this with the symptom of a a jerky pedal release .
    Is there a release arm which crosses through the bell housing ? If so , these can seize due to lack of lubrication and dirt getting in there .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Thanks Rick, will get under the motor and check it later in the week, looks like I'm going to have to take some time off for this one.

Fish
      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

DIRT! She never goes offroad with us
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          DIRT! She never goes offroad with us

LOL

Fish