vitara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vitara

ok i still have the old battle tank sammy but i recently bought a vitara (soft top ofcourse anyone tell me what thye offroad manner is like and any simple mods i can do to improve i got 30 mts on and mad a steel bash gaurd after putting a crack in the alloy diff any ideas ??
    [COLOR=red][SIZE=7][FONT=comic sans ms]Never Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Sorry , no idea . Except take the Vitara engine out and put in the SJ or sell me the engine

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

From the research I have been doing (drooling over some of the trucks on Rhino Rays and the American Zook sites) the Vitara is a better machine off road because of its longer axles/wider track.

What you need to find now (seeing as the Vagrants are after your engine) is a 2L lump from a Grand Vitara

Let's see some pics then.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

hey rick i have a vitara bottom end in great nick ya can have for free yes free if ya can pick it up i also have a vitara 8 valve head just been skimmed but thats £40
        [COLOR=red][SIZE=7][FONT=comic sans ms]Never Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by bobert67
          hey rick i have a vitara bottom end in great nick ya can have for free yes free if ya can pick it up i also have a vitara 8 valve head just been skimmed but thats £40
          YES PLEASE .I will check with the JOTTO , but I would like to reserve first dibs on the lot .
          Maybe a job for the Surf train to ferry for us ?

Cheers for offer

Rick

Comment

the grand vitara diff is stronger aswell

Comment

Originally posted by bobert67
              ok i still have the old battle tank sammy but i recently bought a vitara (soft top ofcourse anyone tell me what thye offroad manner is like and any simple mods i can do to improve i got 30 mts on and mad a steel bash gaurd after putting a crack in the alloy diff any ideas ??
              This might get you out of the cracked casing prob http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...483503285&rd=1

Rick

Comment

Wow thx for the response and hey i might even get rid of this rubbish i meen engine nah but on a serious note there is a 1300 suzuki swift complete engine wich i converted ie cam had to be changed and the iol pickup pipe and sump had to be changed so there is a vitara bottom end without sump a 1300 engine that will fit a sammy and a vitara 8v head just been skimmed reason i want £40 is thats what it cost me to get it skimmed infact i payed £90 for the 1300 engine but i just want £40 for the lot as for the surf train im not to sure what it is or how it works so someone let me know lol .
                ok info on why i stripped the vitara engine
                bought car was told the head gasket was gone so i went bought a head gasket it didnt cure the prob . so off i went bought another head gasket and got the head skimmed it cured the prob but the car was still over heating so i went an bought a swift engine to find i had to change that many parts plus the engine was physicly smaller and didnt match the bellhousing of the vitara
                so i put a new engine in cost me £500 still had the same probs . to find it was the !!!!!! radiator blocked after being stood 2 years to say i was p***ed off was an understatment so thats my story the £150 vitara has cost me over £1000 inculding mot and as for the dif i drained it got it welded and stuck a great lump of red 6mm plate on it .
                oh and sorry for the book :P

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...483183910&rd=1

this may be of some use to some one

sumo
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                  X