tremor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tremor

hey guys ive not been around for a while had 2 big probs with my suzy 1st main bearings big prob but sorted 2nd more major prob is a serious vibration when i hit a small bump or even sometimes does it anyway it shakes the suzy untill you cant keep control when ya slow down it stops its an itermitent thing but when it happens you know ive been told it could be down to the king pins or steering damper ive checked the damper seems ok king pins i havnt yet.
    has anyone had an experiance with this? if so could you plz give me some advise as im at the stage where this suzi has cost me a fortune up to now and im scared of driving it. ( the suspention is ironman leafs and shocks)
    [COLOR=red][SIZE=7][FONT=comic sans ms]Never Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Originally posted by bobert67
    hey guys ive not been around for a while had 2 big probs with my suzy 1st main bearings big prob but sorted 2nd more major prob is a serious vibration when i hit a small bump or even sometimes does it anyway it shakes the suzy untill you cant keep control when ya slow down it stops its an itermitent thing but when it happens you know ive been told it could be down to the king pins or steering damper ive checked the damper seems ok king pins i havnt yet.
    has anyone had an experiance with this? if so could you plz give me some advise as im at the stage where this suzi has cost me a fortune up to now and im scared of driving it. ( the suspention is ironman leafs and shocks)
    Hi mate
    I take it the vehicle is giving this prob when used on the road not off road . Sounds like knackered shocks to me . This causes a bounce to build up in the leaf spring which the shock absorber is designed to suppress , hence the name shock absorber . I have replaced shocks on motors that leap and bounce down and across the road because of worn/knackered shocks .
    To test the shock push down hard on each corner of Suzi in turn . The vehicle should rise and then settle once . If vehicle goes up and down more then 1 1/2 times its worn shocks
    Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

thanks for the reply but no it not shockers it has brand new iron man shock and leafs 1 week before i bought the car i have the recepts i too put it down to the shocks so i phones the main ironman dealers in southport and he told me its not the suspention but its one of 3 things 1 the steering damper 2 incorect wheel balance 3 kingpins.
      i checked the steering shocker its fine i swaped tyres around still no dif so today i looked at the kingpins and removed 1 shim from each king pin ive tested it and it seems to have cured it i hope i let you know if it did just incase it hapends to anyone else
      [COLOR=red][SIZE=7][FONT=comic sans ms]Never Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
      X