Update On Chopped Zook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update On Chopped Zook

I got my Zook up to my brothers garage today. What a difference it makes having all those windy tools at hand. I got to play with the air chisel, impact drivers, a steels sheet cutting thingy (no need to even de-burr the metal afterwards) air hacksaw and a really decent welder.

While I was sorting the bodywork my nephew, James, got busy with the tyre macine and fitted the 31/10.5/15 Marshal Mud Terrains. Just a bit more welding to do. Extended bump stops on the rear to stop the shocks bottoming out on full flex and..................... er yes, sort out the gangsta lean that has been exagerrated by the taller rubber.
    It's only a hobby!

Leaf over AXLE is the way to go next Phil
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I am trying to keep the C of G as low as possible while increasing the ground clearance as much as I can. A tall order (excuse the pun). I am resisting the temptation to raise it 5" the easy way and end up with axle wrap and all the other things associated with SPOA.

At the moment I have 2" suspension lift, 2" shackle lift and no body lift. I have cut the arches out a fair bit. I have a clear 12" between the concrete and the front diff and 13" at the back. I can see from looking at the 31" tyres that I could probably get away with 33s without doing too much more.

Another good reason for not going taller. It is now as high as the Surf and another 2" and I wont get it in the garage.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

As POPS would say fit SATBILISERS
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Ollocksbol! :d
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            Ollocksbol! :d
            He's not been around for a while
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Got her home today so my brother can work on paying customers cars tomorrow. I took some pics of the old girl parked next to the Surf. I think I need to put a spirit level across the roofs to see which is the tallest.

Not the best quality pics. Taken on teh camera phone when it was getting dark.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
              X