I Didn't Post Yesterday Because I Was Too Shocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Didn't Post Yesterday Because I Was Too Shocked

The Zook lasted a whole day down at the Pit.

Had a good day, apart from it wanting to run on three cylinders for a while. Took out the offending plug and cleaned it up and it went well for the rest of the day. Now that is progress!

I had too much fun to take pics though.
    It's only a hobby!

Wow, you must wound that elastic band REALLY tight!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Nice one Phil now hitch it up to your wagon and join us at Bures this sunday.
      And ignor that bully boy from upstairs he's only jelious cos he aint got one,if he comes down here bad mouthin again we will turn off the light and he wont be able to find his way outa here,then he WILL have to be nice to the basement folk,ah I hear the sound of a banjo Im a commin Ma.....
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

managed fine to post on difflock

our zuki did pretty well too... i drove up to the top of the bonnet in silt/sand (where Nigel got stuck in the pickup!) and plugged the rad (and the damn thing still reversed itself out!!!!, jetwash was open so cleaned it while still soft.
        alternator stopped charging in the afternoon leaving us with 2 dead batteries, it conked out a few times and ran out of petrol but man are those colway MTs are amazing - what a difference! it drove through such big ruts i actually did some damage because it went everywhere!

forgot to take pics too
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I got some 8" rims just waiting for some colway MT's then bunny will have BIG feet.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

What ever happened to POPS Suzi as he's not mentioned it for ages
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

I did have a couple of slight hitches. I have measured the voltage at the battery with the ignition off and get about 12.5V. With the engine running at tickover I measure about 13.8V, but the battery keeps running flat. I had to get a jump start from a Nissan Patrol at one point.

My bruv says to take the starter motor +ve lead and earth lead off, clean them up and put them back together. He said to do the same with the main batttery to engine earth lead.

The other problem was that at first I was running on three cylinders. I took the plugs out. Three were rich tea biscuit colour and one was black and sooty. I cleaned it and it ran on all four for the rest of the day. I'll check them again tomorrow evening, now it has had a good thrashing and see what they are like. It is possible that one of the leads wasn't on properly. Thinking about it the lead to #4 plug is a bit tight so it could have pulled part way off.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                What ever happened to POPS Suzi as he's not mentioned it for ages
                Where is ya Zook Pops??
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

yeah pops! ?
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

here's mine...

it's convertible!!!
                    Attached Files
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

you boys checked out this months total offroad mag
                      theres a zook thats landy axeled air lockered and astra turbo dieseled!!!!
                      the picture is just one i saw in last weeks llandudno victorian extravaganza,
                      even when away from pc i'm thinking of you guys
                      Last edited by mud skipper; 28 March 2008, 14:26.
                      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                      X