Wanted -Trailler builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted -Trailler builder

Does anyone know of a good trailer builder in the South East ( Sussex )?

I nedd a glider trailer 'beefing' up, maybe an extra axle added and a little bit of welding. 4ft off the rear would be good too.

Nice project for the right person who wants to earn some cash.

Please contact me if you can help.

Originally posted by beach surfer
    Does anyone know of a good trailer builder in the South East ( Sussex )?

I nedd a glider trailer 'beefing' up, maybe an extra axle added and a little bit of welding. 4ft off the rear would be good too.

Nice project for the right person who wants to earn some cash.

Please contact me if you can help.
    Did someone say cutting things off...............

I'm interested if you can get it to Basingstoke.

Give me a call, numbers are on the website in sig.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Trailer modifications

Hi Beach surfer
      If Tony N does not want to do it then why not contact Lasham Gliding
      it's just down the road from Tony N's place
      Richard Moyse has built a number of glider trailers although he is too busy to do them now and Ian Smith used to build them for Cair Aviation . Various other members have also built trailers .
      Colin at Cair Aviation is not that far from where you are and may also point you in the right direction ( Cair no longer make trailers )
      As a last resort look in Sailplane & Gliding for Shirenewton trailers and a few others
      Or
      go on www.gliderpilot.net and select URAS and place an ad for someone to do the work.

What glider are you putting in it that needs an extra axle but also shortening the trailer ?
      Most two seaters will need the maximum 30ft length and most single seaters do not need twin axles..............What have you got ?
      Mike Crawley

Comment

Originally posted by crawleym
        Hi Beach surfer
        If Tony N does not want to do it then why not contact Lasham Gliding
        it's just down the road from Tony N's place
        Richard Moyse has built a number of glider trailers although he is too busy to do them now and Ian Smith used to build them for Cair Aviation . Various other members have also built trailers .
        Colin at Cair Aviation is not that far from where you are and may also point you in the right direction ( Cair no longer make trailers )
        As a last resort look in Sailplane & Gliding for Shirenewton trailers and a few others
        Or
        go on www.gliderpilot.net and select URAS and place an ad for someone to do the work.

What glider are you putting in it that needs an extra axle but also shortening the trailer ?
        Most two seaters will need the maximum 30ft length and most single seaters do not need twin axles..............What have you got ?
        Mike Crawley
        Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm not using the glider trailer to transport a glider but some extreme sport equipment.
        The trailer is just about the right lenght to cary the 16 aluminium poles that it will be carrying although it could do with the last 4ft chopping off!
        It will be carrying about 1200kgs so it could do with beefing up underneath.

I will give Tony a call for his advice and to see if he can do it.

cheryl

Comment

I'm not using the glider trailer to transport a glider but some extreme sport equipment.
          The trailer is just about the right lenght to cary the 16 aluminium poles that it will be carrying although it could do with the last 4ft chopping off!

cheryl

He grinds and welds.... sounds like exactly what you need.
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            He grinds .... sounds like exactly what you need.
            has he enough to go around??
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

cheryl
              fairly lightweight axles will be rated at around 1300kgs but I dont know what capacity the glider ones will be.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                He grinds and welds....
                bogle bogle, rice and peas, kiss ma teeth!

proper fookin bo!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X