2ltr hilux pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ltr hilux pick up

a mate has found a hilux pick up for around £1k its h reg, 2 litre 127k miles in fair condition. is this dear, and any weak spots to check? apart from rot in the bed, hidden under the load liner..
    going to have a look in the morning
    cheers muchly..
    it's in me shed, mate.

Sounds a good price. It seems to me that they are usually around the £2K mark, regardless of age, if they are in reasonable condition.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

If it a MK3 that not a bad price, If its a MK 2 pretty average, but they go from that up, thanks to being unbreakable and Top Gear has a lot to answer for if your trying to find a cheap pickup!!. The 2lt is pretty guttless, I thought Toyota binned the 2lt at the end of the MK1, later trucks are mostly 2.2 petrol or 2.4 diesel.

Sure it's not a 20R engine, which is 2.2lt, 18R is 2.0lt.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Purely as a guide to condition/price, this one cost £1000.
        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...60372341641699

Comment

well. that is definately a bench mark for comparison!
          this one has been taken off a chap who doesnt believe in road tax or insurance, it will have 12 months ticket on it. and if my mate blows it up, i can buy it off him dirt cheap to make a trailer out of it!!!
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Purely as a guide to condition/price, this one cost £1000.
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...60372341641699
            No matter how many times you watch that, its pure TV/car history. Top Gear should have won awards for that.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

right, had a look, its petrol, not diesel...sligtly tatty bars front and back, theres very little rust, free wheel hubs, load liner(good underneath) nice set of alloys and mt tyres, price has come down slightly! all we have to do, is talk his missus into it..
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
              X