Bunnies bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunnies bits

I've just fitted procomp es3000 shocks to bunny (cos her old ones were knacked) and a es2000 steering damper to replcae to old bike pump sized one in order to reduce the amount of shimmy that is in the steering.It feels good to me and the old girl now stays in a straight line and dosn't wander off line...But the basement bird said the steering was too hard so the steering damper has come off,(all I need now is the mounting kit and it will go on to my surf).

The hight gained by just replacing the shocks is not that clear to see but its about 3/4" and the ride quality is soooo much better now that there is dampening of the bumps in the road (and the CD's dont jump anymore).

The steering damper should be fitted on top of the axel where it is more protected but for photographic ease I first put it facing the front.
    Its very easy to fit and you cas even leave to old damper in place if you wish.

Next thing to fit is Rascal/supercarry rear springs on the rear and samurai rear springs on the front..Just to lift it that little bit so as the basement bird dosn't bend the sidesteps any more.

Any body got any rascal springs,
    Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:27.
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

bugga thought by name of thread we was gonna see some dirty pics

go job rick
    hope angie realises how much you love her to do all that work mate
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Had a look for some Super Carry/Rascal rears spring for you at breakers , but none there .

Will keep a look out for you .

Nice job on Bunnie by the way .

If the steering damper wont fit your Surf , I am sure I can make it fit my Runner .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Just got herself a nice pair of RASCAL springs for £25 quid now all she needs is a good pair of suzi rear springs for the front.The question is do I fit the 2" lift shackles as well?????????

Dont tell anyone but today I saw a rather nice hilux pick up with a V8 in it coupled to a Milner conversion gearbox,that would slip very nicly into me surf and the guy wants to get it DIRTY.......not as high as Koi's but nearly,especialy with the grabber AT 35's it was wearing.

Comment

Bunny up date

Dispite the cold weather I went out and fitted bunnies new rascal rear springs yesterday. I would have done the front but duty called elsewhere so that will have to wait till next weekend.Ive also got some 2" lift shackles but stoopid me didnt get the extended shocks when he ordered the new procomp 3000.Anybody got a set of extended shocks to fit a sammy 413 they want to swap for a set of hardly used standard ones (I also got a never used procomp 2000 steering damper).
          Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:28.

Comment

Looks like a good 2" lift gained there Rick . Angie going to drive 'hot rod' style with the jacked up rear for a while .

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
              Dispite the cold weather I went out and fitted bunnies new rascal rear springs yesterday. I would have done the front but duty called elsewhere so that will have to wait till next weekend.Ive also got some 2" lift shackles but stoopid me didnt get the extended shocks when he ordered the new procomp 3000.Anybody got a set of extended shocks to fit a sammy 413 they want to swap for a set of hardly used standard ones (I also got a never used procomp 2000 steering damper).
              There are are a couple of ways round this. What a lot of people do is to extend the shock mounts downwards, to compensate for the extra lift. They also extend the bump stops a little to avoid the spring turning inside-out because of the new found flex.
              There is loads of stuff about this on the difflock Suzuki forum http://forum.difflock.com/discus/mes...tml?1120256451
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

lovin your work mr sumo
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Ok at last I got the front springs done,I just swapped the top leaves around cos the rear springs are longer than the front and now the hangers hang down instead of pointing towards the front,Iv'e still got the 2" lift shackles just in case the basement bird want to go higher (and she says size aint everything),next job is the throttle cable wich broke just as I was going to take bunny for a spin to settle the suspension (any excuse for a play) which may be the reason for the engine to never run at the same tickover speed.Today if I am allowed out to play the bumper will come off and anything else that is not required that come within reach of my small but perfectly formed grinder.

Comment

next mod, rear discs, right?
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      Ive had the kit to do ours for over a year now , still not fitted them

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        Heck NO,next one is get some 31's for my surf and put my 30's on the suzi,already got the wheels.

Comment

I am extending the chassis and mounting the spring shackles further forward to accomodate the rear springs up front. This will move the front axle forward slightly and stop the big tyres hitting the foot wells.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

The grinder will be out on saturday to make some room for the MT's (colway 30x9)on 8" rims.Then a little TLC (plugs and pionts etc) Bunny is already wearing her new bonnet just got the stickers to go on,then she will be all ready for Avalanche.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                              Bunny is already wearing her new bonnet just got the stickers to go on,then she will be all ready for Avalanche.
                              like this one
                              Last edited by stormforce; 12 October 2008, 21:24.
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X