Vitara Rad in SJ410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitara Rad in SJ410

Need a new Rad , and as advised the SJ410 original is too small , Ive seen a few 1.6 vitara rads for sale , anyone else fitted these , anyone else know if they will fit in the engine bay

( dont want to move it to the back as still want to use it on road and have a pickup type back )

Cheers
    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Originally posted by SparX
    Need a new Rad , and as advised the SJ410 original is too small , Ive seen a few 1.6 vitara rads for sale , anyone else fitted these , anyone else know if they will fit in the engine bay

( dont want to move it to the back as still want to use it on road and have a pickup type back )

Cheers
    I dont know if the Vit rad fits. The only thing that is stopping me putting in the big one I have, with twin fans, is the steering box.
    It is quite legal to have the rad in the back as long as the fans have some kind of guard over them.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      I dont know if the Vit rad fits. The only thing that is stopping me putting in the big one I have, with twin fans, is the steering box.
      It is quite legal to have the rad in the back as long as the fans have some kind of guard over them.
      Yeah , went to measure up to see what would fit , would be loads a room if that steering thing wasn' t there

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
        Yeah , went to measure up to see what would fit , would be loads a room if that steering thing wasn' t there
        who needs steering!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

milners do some nice fiddler brakes (yikes!) fit them and ditch the pesky steering!
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I fitted the 413 rad with little mods and it will use the 410 fan and shroud , all pipes fit also . Just the brackets to move about . Holds just that bit more coolant . I did obtain a Mazda 323 rad with electric fan , but as posted the steering box gets in the way . I also got a Fiesta and a Micra rads with fans but never tried either of them for size .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

mines got 2 rads... posh or what!?!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                mines got 2 rads... posh or what!?!
                Show Off !

I thought about the two rad option , but im just a mere tinkerer at the moment and want to do it as cost effective and easy as possible.

Plus out Central heating blew up and im not allowed a MIG welder now ( will Arc do I can get them cheaper )

Comment

Working...
                X