sj410 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sj410 engine

On my mates buggy that now has the engine stripped for a new waterpump in time for the farm (I hope or the surf will be going round) it has fuel in the air intake.
    Is this a case of overfueling and if so how can I help sort it?
    When you throttle it in nuetral ( and I presume when driving) it starts to die before revving properly.

Any ideas?

Ta'
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Originally posted by dirtydog
    On my mates buggy that now has the engine stripped for a new waterpump in time for the farm (I hope or the surf will be going round) it has fuel in the air intake.
    Is this a case of overfueling and if so how can I help sort it?
    When you throttle it in nuetral ( and I presume when driving) it starts to die before revving properly.

Any ideas?

Ta'
    just clean the carb out and adjust it... is it running rich?... is the filter nice and clean?

crikey, les battersby's in this film
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      just clean the carb out and adjust it... is it running rich?... is the filter nice and clean?

crikey, les battersby's in this film
      mmmm batter - making me hungry now!

i dont know i guess its running rich? the question being how do i adjust it? Ive cleaned some of it already i think a few weeks back .....
      Tim

Comment

depends what carb it's got...
        empty it and clean out the bowl so that the float can move freely... clean jets...
        it adjusts by the screw on it... i dunno what they are... mixture, idle and stuff like that.

wasn't talking fanny batter, ya dirty dog!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          depends what carb it's got...
          empty it and clean out the bowl so that the float can move freely... clean jets...
          it adjusts by the screw on it... i dunno what they are... mixture, idle and stuff like that.

wasn't talking fanny batter, ya dirty dog!
          i was thinking of the chippie
          Tim

Comment

Working...
          X