Picked up My Zook Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up My Zook Today

Drove 120 Miles to Malvern today , to collect my new toy . All plans of getting a tow bar fitted had gone to pot when i realised the money I spent on the zook was in fact all I had !!!! ( I blame the wife on maternity leave ! )

Anyway , booked it in for an MOT in Bedford so I could kind of legaly drive it sort of !!

Got 20 miles before overheating , refilled with water , and noticed the large crack in the top of the rad .
    Drove another 20 miles and refilled again . messed with Air filter to make it bring in cold air , removed the number plate for more air flow and carried on .

Got about 40 miles this time , before lost all power to car.
    Replaced Battery lead and tightened up , eventually got home .......

4 1/2 hours to do 120 miles ! PHEW ! 55mph top speed , what the heck !

Think Transfer box might be loose , as it seems to hit the car when gear changing .

No one told me it had no shocks , I was bouncing all the way home .

Still PROJECT CrazyZook can now start. First stop New Rad !

Glad I got her , but I think its gonna be hard work !

Cheers
    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Just one word: Pictures!!!
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolfCub
      Just one word: Pictures!!!
      You want pictures of the fractured RAD ?
      Me absolutely knackered , after 6 hours total driving a bag of sh**e ???

WHAT HAVE I DONE ?

will post some pics when ive tidied it up a bit !

Comment

You have my fullest sympathy. I drove a transit van 35 miles with no shocks and that was bad enough. Zooks aren't the most comfortable road car at the best of times.

BTW. Where are the pics?
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
          You want pictures of the fractured RAD ?
          Me absolutely knackered , after 6 hours total driving a bag of sh**e ???

WHAT HAVE I DONE ?

will post some pics when ive tidied it up a bit !
          Hey, man, sorry. Several bottles of Leffe consumed and you've not indicated any kind of time frame on your post - could have been last week - you know what I mean.

Of course I don't want to see your fractured rad, although it'd be interesting in a sad kind o' way. Want to see the beast that you brought back! That way we'll be able to have a before and after!

Glad you made it back in one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolfCub
            Hey, man, sorry. Several bottles of Leffe consumed and you've not indicated any kind of time frame on your post - could have been last week - you know what I mean.

Of course I don't want to see your fractured rad, although it'd be interesting in a sad kind o' way. Want to see the beast that you brought back! That way we'll be able to have a before and after!

Glad you made it back in one piece.
            took your suggestion . bottles of leffe ! feel better about it this morning.

HERE ARE THE BEFORE Pictures !
            The After pictures will probably be in a few months !
            Attached Files

Comment

Bit of advise regarding the rad . Try and fit the 413 rad if you can get one , or the biggest rad you can fit . The 410 rads are to small and cook the engine to quick . If using purely for off road remove the centre of the thermostat and it will run for longer before overheating with a blocked up rad . Don't remove the thermostat completly as this will allow the waterpump to cavitate and not move any coolant round making the engine overheat quicker .

If purely for off road then rear mount the rad like most do , end of problem then .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                Bit of advise regarding the rad . Try and fit the 413 rad if you can get one , or the biggest rad you can fit . The 410 rads are to small and cook the engine to quick . If using purely for off road remove the centre of the thermostat and it will run for longer before overheating with a blocked up rad . Don't remove the thermostat completly as this will allow the waterpump to cavitate and not move any coolant round making the engine overheat quicker .

If purely for off road then rear mount the rad like most do , end of problem then .
                Cheers Mate thanks for the advice. , was going to look for a nice big rad to put in there.

In two minds about getting it road worthy.

I would like to but will see how easy repairing it is going to be. gonna be a steep learning curve ! should have a 130amp Mig on monday , try my hand at welding.

Comment

Mine looked like that under the bonnet when I got it. Never been off roaded before then?? At least yours is a soft top, so you dont have to get creative with the angle grinder.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by SparX
                    took your suggestion . bottles of leffe ! feel better about it this morning.

HERE ARE THE BEFORE Pictures !
                    The After pictures will probably be in a few months !
                    Bet you're gonna have fun with this new toy. Looks like your nippa is keen to get 'in' on the action too!!

Comment

So... was it a bargain???
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                        So... was it a bargain???
                        To the untrained eye .. I think So Yes !

Obvious things I need to do are change the Rad , and weld some arches and floor plates. The Transfer box seems wobly and bangs agains the floor, I guess its just a bracket and bush , but not got under there yet.

The little 970cc engine got me back from Malvern so think its good. Guess I wont really know till i give it a hamering Off road.

Just need to Pimp my Ride with Bucket seats wheel spacers and a roll bar.

Comment

Prolly your gearbox mounts gone. Genuine Suzuki ones are £1.27 inc VAT. LR ones are 1.26 inc VAT, are stronger and fit after a couple of strokes of the round file.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                          X