Vauxhall Frontera and Izusu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall Frontera and Izusu

Sorry, this have nothing to do with Surf.

I was having a chat with my mate about my surf and other 4x4. He's adamant that the big Frontera is Izusu based. Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you

Originally posted by Newboy

I was having a chat with my mate about my surf and other 4x4. He's adamant that the big Frontera is Izusu based. Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you
    DONT KNOW ABOUT THE CHASSIS BUT THE 2.8 DIESEL ENGINE IN A FRONTERA IS AN IZUSU ENGINE
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

My missus has a swb frontera (petrol) and i've seen isuzu's that were identical. I'm guessing vauxhall and isuzu made these vehicles in partnership as many other motor companies seem to do these days.
      So many toys-So little cash

Comment

The Frontera was a recycled Isuzu. Vauxhall needed to get something to market quickly to counter the Discovery.

Kev

Comment

They're all GM vehicles and you can find plenty of examples where the same vehicle has a Vauxhall, Isuzu or Chevrolet badge depending on where it's sold.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
            They're all GM vehicles and you can find plenty of examples where the same vehicle has a Vauxhall, Isuzu or Chevrolet badge depending on where it's sold.
            The Frontera are sold on other markets as the Isuzu Rodeo or Amigo (both of these in LWB form I think) and also as the Isuzu MU (SWB model in Japan "Mysterious Utility")

The LWB models I've seen appear identical to to Vauxhall versions but the SWB Isuzu MU has a sloped rear similar to the LWB whereas on the Vaux versions the SWB has a straight rear window/tailgate design
            Last edited by Morr; 16 July 2005, 17:53.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Newboy

Thank you
              The Vauxhall Afrontery was a parts bin lash up and most probably uses some bits from an Isuzu,but certainly none of the reliable one's!!
              The Isuzu Trooper and Vauxhall Montery are the same vehicle apart from minor trim variations..... It's called "badge engineering" much the same as the Nissan prairie and Ford Maverick.
              Keef
              Last edited by keef; 17 July 2005, 10:58. Reason: Added a salient point!
              A positive attitude wont solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!

Comment

Working...
              X