Towing section within the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing section within the forum?

Using the search I have found that there is a lot of info in other threads about towing with the Surf. Would the forum benefit from a dedicated "towing matters" section? I have an interest as I have just bought a Swift Conqueror 2001 4 berth. From all of the info it would seem that no one yet has towed with a Gen 3 intercooler so I will post how the outfit handles when i pick it up on the 12th July. The witter towbar is a Colorado fitment part no TY107A Max nose load 130Kg

Jimbo
    Women Drive Prado's. Men Drive Surf's. Everything else just gets in the way.

Originally posted by Jimbo55
    Using the search I have found that there is a lot of info in other threads about towing with the Surf. Would the forum benefit from a dedicated "towing matters" section? I have an interest as I have just bought a Swift Conqueror 2001 4 berth. From all of the info it would seem that no one yet has towed with a Gen 3 intercooler so I will post how the outfit handles when i pick it up on the 12th July. The witter towbar is a Colorado fitment part no TY107A Max nose load 130Kg

Jimbo
    You should have gone to SPECSAVERS We have a towing thread here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2931
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      You should have gone to SPECSAVERS We have a towing thread here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2931
      Yes, you have a thread but not a section. Within the thread there are many good ideas and sound advice given by yourself and others. I thought it might have been easier to catalogue as has been done in the other sections. But I guess myself and others will continue to use the search engine.

Yes , Specsavers are very good value for money

Just got back from the New Forest with the Surf and the Swift Conqueror 580sal (Kg 1600 max). No worries at all, lowered the tow ball by 3" to miss the spare on the back door and all was fine. No temp rise at all, mpg down by about 10% to 24. A good stable match, I have towed with Jeeps, Range Rovers, Disco's and Land Rovers over the last 25yrs and Surfs and a Prado for the last 5 yrs. So far they have been the best yet for me.
      Women Drive Prado's. Men Drive Surf's. Everything else just gets in the way.

Comment

Working...
      X