leaf springs for a sj413

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaf springs for a sj413

hi all does anyone know of anywhere reasonable i can buy 2 rear leaf springs as i broke 1 of mine today while off-roading so i am after replacing them both on the rear.At the moment there are KAP3's on there but anything with a 3"lift will do .thanks in advance
    Richard
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    hi all does anyone know of anywhere reasonable i can buy 2 rear leaf springs as i broke 1 of mine today while off-roading so i am after replacing them both on the rear.At the moment there are KAP3's on there but anything with a 3"lift will do .thanks in advance
    Richard
    There are loads of alternatives you can pick up from the scrappy. Bedford Rascal, Diahatsu 4Track, LDV Sherpa van.
    Astra, Cavalier and Ford Transit shocks fit too.
    Try difflock.com and go to the techical/suzuki part of the forum. A search will turn up the alternatives I can't remember.

http://forum.difflock.com/discus/messages/8/8.html?

Glad you are having so much fun that you are breaking things!
    Last edited by kitesurf_phil; 31 May 2005, 00:04.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      There are loads of alternatives you can pick up from the scrappy. Bedford Rascal, Diahatsu 4Track, LDV Sherpa van.
      Astra, Cavalier and Ford Transit shocks fit too.
      Try difflock.com and go to the techical/suzuki part of the forum. A search will turn up the alternatives I can't remember.

http://forum.difflock.com/discus/messages/8/8.html?

Glad you are having so much fun that you are breaking things!
      cheers phil these zuki's are new to me so its just a case of finding the best places for the spares..Richard

Comment

ADK Suzuki spares has been a good one for me - nice chap and fast delivery!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          ADK Suzuki spares has been a good one for me - nice chap and fast delivery!
          thanks D D i have tried a few places but the max lift they do on their leafs is 2" but i have got somewhere that will make up a pair of leaf springs with the 3" lift that i need for £60 each inc vat and £16 p&p so for £136 i got a new pair which will be made up and sent out to me for the weekend

they are called SMJ Products and the phone no. 0113 2360396 they come with the bushes too which is better.

Richard

Comment

rhino rays
            rubbers suzuki

both are well recommended... also try for sale sections in some off the 4x4 club websites, they're always full of zuki spares.
            may aswell get up rated springs and shackle extensions while you're there
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              rhino rays
              rubbers suzuki

both are well recommended... also try for sale sections in some off the 4x4 club websites, they're always full of zuki spares.
              may aswell get up rated springs and shackle extensions while you're there
              had a few parts from Rhino Ray on our old battered 410, nice bloke too, hope you get them soon then for the weekend.

anyone with zuki's up for taking them along to this Brick Kiln farm place? £10?!?! Bit of a drive for us but worth it for a tenner.
              Tim

Comment

Just found out that the standard Bedford Midi rear springs will give you approx 2.5" of lift on the back. Then you put your Suzuki rear springs on the front and it gives you about 2" of lift on the front.

Once you start playing with leaf springs they are good fun. You can add leaves. Take leaves away, put strips cut from polythene barrels in between to improve the travel and reduce the squeek. Spend a few minutes with the grinder and the vice to turn the left over bits into a home-made machete.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

nice one! thats got to be a cheap mod to go on the list!

are machetes good for springiness though ?
                  Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                    nice one! thats got to be a cheap mod to go on the list!

are machetes good for springiness though ?
                    Officially it's for clearing over-hanging branches. Unofficially it's to dissuade the baseball cap and hoody brigade from having any ideas about helping themselves to my Zook!
                    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                    X