Suzuki VIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki VIN

Has anyone tried doing a search on their Suzuki VIN. I have tried Carfax and Autocheck and both say it is invalid. On checking the Suzuki VIN web sites it seems that all UK Suzukis have an invalid year code of 0 (zero). That means you can't pre-check whether you are buying a dodgy one. Loads of owners on the Difflock Suzuki Forum have had the same trouble in trying to identify theirs.
    I would not worry but I am tempted to try to re-register my Zook and get it road legal. Of course I bought it as an off-roader with no V5 but I did get a reciept from the eBayer I got it from.

It has not been on the road, according to the old tax disc in the window, since 2005. If it has not been SORN does that mean I could be liable for the back tax if I try to register it again?
    It's only a hobby!

i sent off to get mine registered in my name and i am still waiting as its been about 10 weeks now.think iwill have to ring them again to find out what is going on with it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Good news. I did some detective work and found the last four tax discs in the glove compartment of the Zook. I then did a search on the AA site using the Reg No and VIN. The site confirmed the make, model and the VIN but for a full check they want £36.00. I have now confirmed that I have the same VIN stamped on the chassis, body plate and under the bonnet. I may dare to contact DVLC now!!
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

log book

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        Has anyone tried doing a search on their Suzuki VIN. I have tried Carfax and Autocheck and both say it is invalid. On checking the Suzuki VIN web sites it seems that all UK Suzukis have an invalid year code of 0 (zero). That means you can't pre-check whether you are buying a dodgy one. Loads of owners on the Difflock Suzuki Forum have had the same trouble in trying to identify theirs.
        I would not worry but I am tempted to try to re-register my Zook and get it road legal. Of course I bought it as an off-roader with no V5 but I did get a reciept from the eBayer I got it from.

It has not been on the road, according to the old tax disc in the window, since 2005. If it has not been SORN does that mean I could be liable for the back tax if I try to register it again?

got my suki back in march this year and have finally got the log book through today at long last
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
        X