Zuki starter motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuki starter motor

Hi all, I have just fitted new battery terminals to the Zuki today and she still wont fire, the starter spins up but doesnt crank the engine which im led to beleive is a faulty starter clutch and need changing?
    I have also just found a started we bought for our 410 and nabbed it back when we got rid of it, will the 410 motor fit the 413? When we got the new motor i remember questions about how many terminals it has or will it not fit regardless?

Cheers and sorry for intruding on the anti-zuki brigade
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Tim

The starters are not interchangable . We need a starter for the van which is a 413 and the 410 starter from The Vagrant wont fit .
    Jotto washed out the 413 starter which was seized when we got the van , and then WD40 and it was good for a while longer (2 trips to Pingewood , 1 to the Pit ) before I completly broke it .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I had the same problem with another 4x4 ( i wont mention which ) .I had one where the starter would spin and not crank the engine. I had the starter looked at and they said nothing wrong with it.It turned out that the battery was not holding enough charge to crank the engine but enough to spin the starter. A new battery sorted it for me.

It might help!!

cheers

Mike
      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

OK so anyone want the 410 motor? Paid £45 from a Zuki breaker - Offers?
        Have you got any tips for extracting some more life from it? It spins up when you turn the ignition then grinds when you let go, it sounds like its throwing ok I just cant be bothered to bench test it yet.
        Ta'

EDIT: Mike, I am hoping that is it, battery isnt great but we were jumping off of my Surf. Now I have new terminals and good connections I will charge the battery and see
        Last edited by dirtydog; 17 January 2005, 22:14.
        Tim

Comment

My SJ410 Zook refused to start with a flat battery when being jumped off the Surf. The starter was not throwing in and there was a weak spark. I checked each earth connection and found high resistances all over the place. The earth from the distributor casing to the bulkhead was even getting hot!!! I forked out about £10.00 on some heavy duty earth straps and changed the manky-looking ring terminals for stainless steel ones. It will now jump-start from flat.

A new condenser and points made a heck of a difference too.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

ok cheers matey! off up the garage to rip the battery out and charge it. Wiring on this zuki is at least there unlike our old one we had to hot wire via tractor ignition! Had new points a while back but I think the earths maybe suspect.
            Back later
            Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
              ok cheers matey! off up the garage to rip the battery out and charge it. Wiring on this zuki is at least there unlike our old one we had to hot wire via tractor ignition! Had new points a while back but I think the earths maybe suspect.
              Back later
              Good luck. I got the extension lead out, threw it over the wall, connected the welder and it started snowing. I've had to disconnect everything I've just come in for a warm up and a cup of Oxo, which is something I haven't had for ages, mmmmmmmmm.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

sounds like me - i wanted to oil change the SUrf and we got a pit up the garage and the Surf should just fit. Cant get the Zuki out yet so I keep putting it off!
                Tim

Comment

No welding done today. The heavy duty front and rear bumpera are cut to length, ready to weld to the chassis. I have gone all round the welded plates in the floor with seam seal (makes my welding look better) to keep the wet out. Just the passenger seat, bonnet catches, wiring the electric radiator fan and air filter to do.

My bruv might let me use his lorry seeing as it's me burfday at the weekend.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

bummer, fully charged the battery and the starters till wont crank the engine it just spins - I take it I will need 2 mins silence and a new one?
                    Tim

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                      bummer, fully charged the battery and the starters till wont crank the engine it just spins - I take it I will need 2 mins silence and a new one?
                      Have a look in Yellow pages. There may be somone local to you who can rebuild it.
                      Our guy in Luton is Mr Singh. I used to rent a room from him years ago. He saw me remove the wiper motor from my old Chevette. I was going to buy a new one. He recon'ed it in about half an hour and didn't even charge me. He said it was coz I always payed my rent on time.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                      X