Wider arches for a gen 2 surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wider arches for a gen 2 surf

Hi folks I wanted to see if anybody has any wider arches fitted to their surf and where they aquired them from. I have a gen 2 and am running with 33/12.50 tyres on 10" wheels so I'm quite wide at the moment and wanted to look at options to gain a couple of inches on the arches to tuck them under better. I've see an arch set on eBay however they have no pics of these fitted which makes me wonder how much really you are gaining from these.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=370628258168

Thanks

Marty

They don't look any bigger than ones that are fitted as standard.

TE=Gonzo12c;830337]Hi folks I wanted to see if anybody has any wider arches fitted to their surf and where they aquired them from. I have a gen 2 and am running with 33/12.50 tyres on 10" wheels so I'm quite wide at the moment and wanted to look at options to gain a couple of inches on the arches to tuck them under better. I've see an arch set on eBay however they have no pics of these fitted which makes me wonder how much really you are gaining from these.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=370628258168

Thanks

Marty[/QUOTE]

Comment

That's what I thought as I see there is a cut out for the fuel flap but I'm not sure if they stick out further.

Comment

I have the 4" Tiger truck arches fitted to my truck, they are not a straight forward fit there is a bit of fettling to do to get a good fit. I am running 38x12.5x16.5 tyres. I had to cut a little from the rear of the arches to avoid rubbing on full lock and full bump.

Last edited by surfenstein; 15 May 2015, 18:39.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

They look good and is the sort of thing I'd happy with. Are they sold in eBay the ones made for the pickups?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo12c View Post
            They look good and is the sort of thing I'd happy with. Are they sold in eBay the ones made for the pickups?
            The front set of arches are the same as a mk3 pickup, but the fuel filler is in a different place on the pickup so you will require the surf set and the pickup rear arch is a full arch they don't have rear doors as such, the surf rear arches are two piece as the rear doors open.
            Last edited by surfenstein; 15 May 2015, 18:40.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Ah that gives me a start cheers I'll make a couple of enquires.

Comment

Working...
              X