Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear 2" springs or spacers ?

Hi to all
    I want to get rid of my surfs saggy bum I've just order a 2" body lift kit and want to also change either the rear springs or fit spacers to the originals and just wondered on peoples opinions/experiences and who has used either of these and what are the pros and cons of either?
    Go Hard Or Go Home

BUSHWHACKER

Answer from 19th July 2006

Landcruiser HD J80 springs from Milners, £44 plus tax and delivery.
    They'll raise the rear end by three inches and keep it there!

Search & you will find answers to every question

Comment

Ive used both before, for 2 inches of lift either will do but if you get bigger springs they will be most likely be stiffer like the roughtrax ones

go the full wack, hdj80 springs with longer shocks on the back and ball joint spacers on the front

if you do get spring spacers just make sure your original springs are not snapped or corroded badly

Comment

It all depends on where you want to end up with your truck. If you just want something that will end up a street queen and look standard then go +2 springs. If you want an offroad beast then go cruiser springs. Just be aware that the cruiser springs will give a harsher ride as they were designed to fit a heavier truck. +2 shocks will work on the rear with cruiser springs but you will not get full flex on bump and droop the dampers will bottom out. I have tried and tested many a set up on the surf, and it always comes back to what you want out of a suspension system. Its taken me a few years of blood sweat and tears to get my truck where it is today. And I still think I can get a bit more flex out of it.lol
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Thanks for the replies think I'm gonna go for the 2" springs from roughtrax with new shocks as well as 2" body lift to get it looking better this is basically just a toy for me for when I'm not offshore and gonna hopefully start doing some off road days but nothing to major yet lol
          Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

Working...
          X