Wooden Nardi Steering Wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooden Nardi Steering Wheel?

I seem to be getting quiet a bit of old rubber coming off my original wheel and it seems to be worse when it's cold.

I really fancy one of these Nardi Wooden wheels? Just wondered if anyone had any experience of these or any other wooden wheels? Not sure on safety but the Nardi's seem as good as you can get?

Cheers Nick

It just so happens I have one I've removed from my gen 2. Great condition, including boss cover and toyota toms racing centre.
    I only removed it to fit a wheel with cruise control buttons on
    I was going to stick it on eBay, but if you're interested...

Comment

Hi trunks, can you post some pics up? Is it a Nardi and what type of price were you thinking?

Pm me if you like,

Ta, Nick
      Last edited by Greeny-o; 11 January 2014, 20:30.

Comment

Hi Nick, It's a Peyton steering wheel, same sort of thing as Nardi though.

Price? Not sure. I was going to stick it on eBay for £50 buy it now.

You're probably not that far from me if you want to have a look?

Cheers

James
        Last edited by Trunks; 12 January 2014, 01:12.

Comment

Hi James, I like the look of that. I am Autosport International today but will aim to get over in the week for a look if that's ok. Do you want to email me your details to nicholas.greenwood@sky.com and we can get something arranged.

Planning to be in Brighouse Monday so won't be far away then?

Cheers Nick

Comment

I have run a Nardi classic on my truck for years now. It feels great, the size is perfect for the truck and it is a very strong wheel. Mine isn't a woodgrain one but I have a woodgrain Payton in my Silvia and it feels great. Just stick with a decent sized wheel, I had a small cheapo one in my truck and it made the truck harder to control.

Comment

Bought the Peyton wheel from Trunks and fitted it today. Really pleased with it and looks loads better than the standard one I had on. Really nice guy and exactly as advertised!

Cheers mate, Nick

Comment

Looks nice.
                What's the big red button by drivers seat for?
                You could do with painting that steering column cover-they look much better black.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny-o View Post
                  Bought the Peyton wheel from Trunks and fitted it today. Really pleased with it and looks loads better than the standard one I had on. Really nice guy and exactly as advertised!

Cheers mate, Nick
                  Glad it's what you were after Nick, it does look good

Did you get to go on the steam train too?

I'll keep you posted on the off-roading developments as well, I've save d your number now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
                    Looks nice.
                    What's the big red button by drivers seat for?
                    You could do with painting that steering column cover-they look much better black.
                    It's a built in air horn that was on the truck when I got it, just refills an air tank from under the rear bumper. Good call on the column, any advice on the best paint to use or just a rattle can from Halfords?

Originally posted by Trunks View Post
                    Glad it's what you were after Nick, it does look good

Did you get to go on the steam train too?

I'll keep you posted on the off-roading developments as well, I've save d your number now.
                    Skipped the train as it was £35 for a couple of hours. Had lunch at the White Lion and it was lovely. Agree, let's keep in contact for any lanning coming up over the coming weeks!

Comment

Can't take the credit for idea of painting steering column cover-I think it may have been Bushwhacker who said about doing it in one of the posts.
                      I just did mine with can of satin black-from wilkos I think.

Comment

I like your interior.

Any reason that the columns on these trucks never match the interior? I've always wondered

Comment

Working...
                        X