GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Originally posted by marcdtr View Post
    Got the seats fitted

They look great!

A good match for the door cards.

Comment

Very nice, much work to fit?

Comment

Was a good match on the rest of the car cheers mate. The fitting is easy 3 holes line up you only have to mod one to fit. You can cut and bend it but I just cut it off and welded a new bracket.
        Best part is I paid £20 for the pair

Comment

They're a great match, looks great, I'm slightly jealous!

Bargain at £20

Comment

They look really good. What model Subaru were they from?

Comment

I was told a 2003 bugeye model.

Comment

Best matching seat mod yet

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                  Best matching seat mod yet
                  Cheers

Comment

Those look great, Marc. Almost as if they could have been O.E. .
                    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Great seats, I like the beefy speakers in the door cards too. I was thinking about dying my carpet black but the dash might become a sore thumb.

Comment

The dash is next on my list. I've sprayed the radio surround and fitted a double din stereo and was looking at flocking the dash.

Comment

Seats

Ok, I now have the same seats from a bugeye. I paid a little more at £35 but they are in good nik. Removed the 3rd gen seats and rested these in. The two rear fixings line up but you have to drill off the front legs from both the Subaru rails and the Surf rails and then fit the surf front legs. When you know how to do it it's only a couple of hours work. I used an M6 large headed set screw to fix the rail to the legs again and then from underneath I spot welded through the other drilled out fixing holes so the legs are fixed almost exactly as they were prior to removing them. A touch of black paint over the welds and you wouldn't even know it has been modified. No visible welds etc.
                          The Subaru seat belt fixings are compatible, and I discovered that the electric seat belt sensor can be removed from the surf fitting and placed into the Subaru fitting. It's simply a case of prying open the seat belt (button) housing from the bottom sides and swapping the electric contacts into the Subaru housing (they share the same model number). Alternatively you could use the surf housing but the black goes better with the seats! Originally I had swapped the drivers seat belt button unit and metal leg for the Surf one but it sat just a little too low to make entry of the seat belt easy. In fact knowing now how easy it is to change the electrics over, I wouldn't bother doing anything but that!
                          The front plastic leg trim sections need a slight modification. I found the ones next to the transmission tunnel push in nice and tight but the outer one needs the top trimmed off with a sharp knife. The rears don't fit so either try to get the Subaru ones if it has them or glue the surf ones on. You could leave the rears off without any problem though as there are no real sharp protruding bits.
                          From initial impressions - what a difference to comfort, these are properly height adjustable with no loss of headroom either. In fact probably more! Also has given me much more leg room. A bit of a climb to get over the raised edge though but nothing much. A much better driving position giving better pressure on the pedals too.
                          Last edited by ajstars; 24 November 2013, 01:24.

Comment

I just picked up some bug eye seats for my 3rd gen so I'm guessing that these won't be so easy to fit than the 2nd gen ?

Comment

Working...
                            X