Advice needed from the pro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed from the pro's

Ok, so my truck is running is nicely (mostly due to the search function on this site), I would like to do some mods to my lovely old gal!

I would like to do a 2 inch body lift, suspension lift, fit roof lights on a roof bar? Snorkel and diff breathers (the last one I think I can make up myself) but is there particular company's people on here deal with for the before mentioned items, particularly wanting kits that include all the brackets and fixings..

Thanks in advance for any advice folks!

Tony (2.4 Auto 1992)

What size of tyres are you planning on running?
    Brian

Comment

She's on 31", 15" after market alloys.

Any suggestions?

Looking through the site, max would be 33" on a standard body and suspension lift, a think my wheels/tyres would look out of porpoising but don't want it to become grotesque..

Comment

A body lift of 2" removing the side steps and some nice 31'' muds gives a very nice stance and keeps all the current suspension and ride comfort.

If you add a suspension lift you will need 33s to make it look correct. Ride comfort and handling will be compromised and you will lose about 5 to 7mpg.

Body lift parts less than £100

Suspension lift another £250 minimum plus £400 to £700 for new 33s
        Last edited by yoshie; 24 March 2013, 22:47.
        Brian

Comment

Ok, thanks!

So if I start with a body lift, where's best place for bits and do the kits come with all the bits or do you still need to fab bits?

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tokyo drift View Post
            Ok, thanks!

So if I start with a body lift, where's best place for bits and do the kits come with all the bits or do you still need to fab bits?

Tony
            Front bumper will need brackets but they are very simple plates to move the bumper up the height of the lift. The rear is attached to the body so needs nothing. Steering and fuel filler may need adjusting and transfer box selector can sometimes need floor cut a little. Rad needs moved on the 2.4 same as the bumper.
            2 people less than a days work.
            Lift kits on eBay and some on here may even make/sell them.
            Brian

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69168
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
              X