Dakota Digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Digital

Ok so I had been lurking about on here for a long time even before I had my surf (had a VR6 Corrado at the time) and now have had a 3.0 surf for about 5 years, and done very little to it while I squirrelled some savings to really sort it out.

So. Have committed to a Lexurf mod (XI perhaps ?!) in the not too distant future as long as Vince has the time, and wanted to compile a really nice set of mods for the interior/electrics. Without completely ripping the whole thing apart, I guess I am stuck with the basic dash, but wanted to make it look nice with a new set of dials. Now I know the plasma's look nice, but I wanted to give it the feel of high tech stuff in a low tech body so was looking at the dakota range. Does anyone have any experience with these? fitted any? any idea of what will fit in the same area as the standard guages?

Have noticed that they have hundreds of different stock mods but mainly for the american stuff - but some looks pretty close to the half elliptical shape of the surf.

Like these for instance:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAKOTA-DIG...item3f18adccbb

or this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAKOTA-DIG...item4d021d8cfb

First question of many to come I am sure!
    ------------------------
    Truck? What truck .......

Search Lexurf V on here for photo's of a fitted Dakota Dash

Once I've dug out the garage i can probably get better one's for you if you want

Also

Rick has first Dibs if he wants It

Comment

Damn - and you know I spent hours looking for that on the forum ! But you can only read so much before your eyes turn to sand....

I don't want to change too much of the centre dash, which is why I will probably go for the 6 guage all in one . Plus I need the double DIN for a big LCD stereo unit.....

Also plus - the 6 gauge can have loads of other sensors linked into it ! Outside temperature anyone?
      ------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by sadinn View Post
        Damn - and you know I spent hours looking for that on the forum ! But you can only read so much before your eyes turn to sand....

I don't want to change too much of the centre dash, which is why I will probably go for the 6 guage all in one . Plus I need the double DIN for a big LCD stereo unit.....

Also plus - the 6 gauge can have loads of other sensors linked into it ! Outside temperature anyone?
        Do you know the dimensions of that six gauge pod? Hopefully it should fit inside the Surf's binacle.

Outside temp gauge? Already got one of those....

Comment

oh now come on! You can't tell me you can fit that heating control system in a 2nd Gen!

Dakota:

Unit Dimensions:
          4.6" x 10.5" W
          Minimum Viewing Area:
          3" x 10" W

What do you think? - dont need the ally bezel either .
          ------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by sadinn View Post
            oh now come on! You can't tell me you can fit that heating control system in a 2nd Gen!

Hehe!! No, thats the standard dash in my '01 Surf.

I did do this in Lexurf VI though.... (Click on image)

My old 2nd gen (Lexurf I) dash that I never got 'round to finish...

Dakota:

Unit Dimensions:
            4.6" x 10.5" W
            Minimum Viewing Area:
            3" x 10" W

What do you think? - dont need the ally bezel either .
            Just went out and measured the Surf binacle. 14" X 4" (Viewing area)

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Just went out and measured the Surf binacle. 14" X 4" (Viewing area)
              So thats a yes then.

I'm confused - my dash is the top one, but I thought the KZN 130 was the 2nd gen - Am i mistaken in that case?

Got to love the way those dials flick to max and then return on startup - what do they show by the way?
              ------------------------

Comment

Gauges are from here......
                http://rspec.co.uk/performance-gauge...8f64452c9a29b7

Lex VI's were: Transmission temp-oil pressure-coolant temp.

1989-1995 2nd gen.
                1996- 2002 3rd gen.

Comment

Working...
                X