Inter-cooler without body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter-cooler without body lift

I am planning ahead in confidence of resurrecting my surf as I am making steady progress.

I know I am being difficult but I don't want a lift, but I want an inter-cooler. I have been trawling through the forum and eBay. I know its possible, what I don't know is how much room I have to play with and was wondering if anyone can help. I have been looking at picture so I know where the ports need to be facing and I have emailed a few sellers and requested measurements on a few coolers.

In short I need to know what my maximum measurements are but I can't measure it myself as my engine is in bits. But I want to do the modification before everything goes back together to make life easier. I am prepared to trim the rocker cover down if needed.

Have you thought about mounting the cooler in front the radiator? Alternately you could remove the air filter container and mount a cooler in it's place. There should be enough room to place a K&N air filter onto the intake hose to the turbo. Seen this set up on another forum owners truck.
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Am I right in thinking that certain Jeeps have the intercooler ducted via the radiator shroud using the airflow from the rad fan ducted to flow air through them?
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ghlight=javars

Comment

Yeah that's the one
          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Thats a good idea, I am wanting to install a snorkel however so I will have to see if there is enough room to squeeze a small aftermarket airbox/enclosed filter.

I don't want a front mount because of the increased turbo lag, kind of offsets the gains. Not only that but the rad is restricted anyway not helped by the two big spots ether but I refuse to take them off

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
              Thats a good idea, I am wanting to install a snorkel however so I will have to see if there is enough room to squeeze a small aftermarket airbox/enclosed filter.

I don't want a front mount because of the increased turbo lag, kind of offsets the gains. Not only that but the rad is restricted anyway not helped by the two big spots ether but I refuse to take them off
              Turbo lag

So you sure that your head failure wasn't helped by the mahoosive spots blocking the rad?
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                Turbo lag

So you sure that your head failure wasn't helped by the mahoosive spots blocking the rad?
                Probably not. They were there when I bought the car. I have some work around ideas. Engine is out now anyway so really happy with that, I am bringing it home later to strip it down in my nice warm garage.

Comment

Working...
                X