Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior light upgrade opinon

hi
    just brought these off ebay. plan to upgrade interior lights with these units, just wanted to know if anyone has used them ? will be fitting them the weekend, went out and just plugged one in and very impressed with the light they give off compared to the standard lights.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40

I bought the very same items last year. Excellent spread of light in the interior now. Keep your sunglasses handy!

Comment

re

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      I bought the very same items last year. Excellent spread of light in the interior now. Keep your sunglasses handy!
      great news, thanks BW. I also have 5 units to sell

Comment

When you open the door, is it only the centre light that comes on? I would like the front ones to come on too. Think I'll have a look at it when I fit my alarm.

What are you selling?

Comment

i have replaced all mine with 9 or 12 led i forget which. But they are direct replacement so no faffing and they are extremely bright.

Comment

re

Originally posted by Surfboy View Post
            When you open the door, is it only the centre light that comes on? I would like the front ones to come on too. Think I'll have a look at it when I fit my alarm.

What are you selling?
            led units x 5.
            when i open my doors the center light and rear interior lights come on, i to plan to get the front reading light to come on aswell, think you would only have to run a live feed from the circuit to front reading lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkamelis View Post
              great news, thanks BW. I also have 5 units to sell
              I'll have a couple off ya (assuming they fit fine inside the centre dome and boot domes, respectively?)

Let me know.
              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

re

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                I'll have a couple off ya (assuming they fit fine inside the centre dome and boot domes, respectively?)

Let me know.
                hi jimster
                i havnt tried to fit one yet, will install them on Saturday, bw has fitted the same units so should be fine. but if you like i will take pictures on Saturday and post up. Can say tho they are a big improvement on the standard lights. so just hold out till sat and il get back to you.

ark

Comment

hi jimster
                  i havnt tried to fit one yet, will install them on Saturday, bw has fitted the same units so should be fine. but if you like i will take pictures on Saturday and post up. Can say tho they are a big improvement on the standard lights. so just hold out till sat and il get back to you.

ark
                  Cheers - I replaced the standard units a while back with bulbs with 6 SMD leds on them. These look like the next level
                  Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

hi
                    just brought these off ebay. plan to upgrade interior lights with these units, just wanted to know if anyone has used them ? will be fitting them the weekend, went out and just plugged one in and very impressed with the light they give off compared to the standard lights.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40
                    That's a coincidence, Matt. I've just bought a couple of similar (see pic). I was going to use one for the centre, and one for the rear. After seeing how bright the centre was, when fitted, I decided to use the other one to experiment with my rear foglight. it worked a treat. nice and bright. I'll order another for the rear, now that I know how good they are. I'd like to replace the front map lights too, but just with replacement bulbs in LED. Can anyone tell me what type of bulbs, and if festoon type, what size, please?
                    Attached Files
                    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

I rolled my own.
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                        That's a coincidence, Matt. I've just bought a couple of similar (see pic). I was going to use one for the centre, and one for the rear. After seeing how bright the centre was, when fitted, I decided to use the other one to experiment with my rear foglight. it worked a treat. nice and bright. I'll order another for the rear, now that I know how good they are. I'd like to replace the front map lights too, but just with replacement bulbs in LED. Can anyone tell me what type of bulbs, and if festoon type, what size, please?
                        hi mws
                        yes they do look like the same unit, tho i think the leds look different, could just be the pic i guess. i got mine off ebay £7.99each inc del .
                        interesting you using one for the fog light, but if its worked good result, guess many of us could follow suit.
                        the festoon bulbs for the middle and rear i found to be very small, not sure what size but carnt be far off 20mil ( guess ) will go out and check one now.
                        will also have a look to see if there the same bulbs in the front ( reading lights ) think i have just clicked on to what bw said about sunglasses, just thought it could be over bright for the front using the leds panels here.
                        if you did wont another unit let me know as i have three up for grabs.

ark

Comment

re led light

hi just been out and took some pics of the led light, only attached it so its not fixed in place, just wanted to show how much of a improvement it makes.
                          Attached Files

Comment

re

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                            i would have thought toyota would have used the same festoon bulbs in the front reading light ( but dont take my word for it ) any way measured the festoon bulb in the middle interior light unit 30mil

Comment

int light mod done

Finally
                              all fitted and works well, and what a difference its made to standard lighting. Ended up routing a new wire from the middle interior light unit to the back unit because of lack of signal to back unit.

all done and very happy. see pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X