Double light sidelights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double light sidelights!

Added an extra light fitting into a 2nd gen's sidelight units, now they're a tad brighter than standard and look a lot smarter. (IMO of course.)

All I did was drill a 14mm hole and used a Stanley knife to cut a couple of notches so that the bulb holder can be inserted and turned/twisted to lock it in place.

Thats a good idea. Maybe copying that.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Neat solution/upgrade.
      Brian

Comment

Nice mod Vince... no chance of overheating is there?
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Cracking idea grommet.. Liking that.
          .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
            Nice mod Vince... no chance of overheating is there?

Nope.
            The sun would heat them up them more than the bulbs ever will.

Comment

How did you go about wiring it up?
              well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Just spliced into the existing sidelight wiring.

Comment

I thought that would have made them both half as bright. Good with electrics see.
                  well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Dont think I,ll bother. If I think its a bit dark for the sidelights I,ll just put the headlights on, but in the spirit of the thread, good on you anyway.
                    Сви можемо

Comment

I fitted them for the look rather than brightness, the small single bulbs look disproportionate to the huge sidelight housings.

Comment

Great idea, - looks good! - Reminds me of the old Soarer rear indicators, three bulbs per side!

I was wondering what you were up to needing extra sidelight bulb holders!

On a sidelight related topic, have you ordered your LED tails yet?
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

Great idea but did you consider SMD's?

I would have done that myself if I didn't change my sidelights to indicators.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post

On a sidelight related topic, have you ordered your LED tails yet?
                            Not yet mate.

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
                            Great idea but did you consider SMD's?

I've tried numerous different LEDs in the sidelights, but they either look too blue (compared to the headlights) or they don't give out enough light.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              Added an extra light fitting into a 2nd gen's sidelight units, now they're a tad brighter than standard and look a lot smarter. (IMO of course.)

All I did was drill a 14mm hole and used a Stanley knife to cut a couple of notches so that the bulb holder can be inserted and turned/twisted to lock it in place.
                              That's a nice effective and easy mod, Vince. I think I remember seeing something i a bit like that, on Yota Tech, where someone spliced an additional orange indicator bulb into a Tacoma side light. Did you use four 5w bulbs? For extra brightness I changed my front sidelight bulbs to 21w capless. That works well. They're really bright. I don't suppose that I could get away with doing your mod and using 21w bulbs, though? Too much for the wiring harness?
                              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                              X