Help with 2" lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 2" lift

Im sorry to post this as i know this has probably come up many times before, but ive tried the search and I just cant find an answer, if someone can point me in the right direction then im happy for this to be deleted.
    I have a 2" lift kit for my 93 Hilux Surf SSRX, its an auto....... Do i need to mess with the auto shifter for the lift?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Craig

I take it you mean a body lift and not suspension

You will probably need to modify the hole hi-lo lever goes through if I remember correctly not sure on main lever as mine was manual, although i believe some owners recommend extending it

Comment

At worse you may have to file the hi lo shifter slot, you will need to move the front bumper 2" and slacken the steering colum joints to allow them to slide apart a little, keep an eye on the fuel filler neck and slacken if required. Other than that the body lift on the 2nd gen is straight forword
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Tromanator View Post
        Im sorry to post this as i know this has probably come up many times before, but ive tried the search and I just cant find an answer, if someone can point me in the right direction then im happy for this to be deleted.
        I have a 2" lift kit for my 93 Hilux Surf SSRX, its an auto....... Do i need to mess with the auto shifter for the lift?
        Any help would be appreciated
        Thanks
        Craig
        No.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys, really appreciate it!
          Yup its a body lift kit.
          It was a gift for christmas and after a look at the instructions i just stormed ahead with it, but already some issues not mentioned in instructions inc rad and bumper mounts!
          I know a bit more about it now, like brake lines, steering column and filler hose etc but I was just starting to panic about the auto shifter, that was my main concern really.
          Thanks again for your help, I feel much more at ease to carry on now.
          Got to admit, its not too bad a job, I'm doing it on my own and so far its been 3 hrs and way past the half way mark, not too bad seeing as i went into it blindly

Thanks again guys!
          Craig

Comment

Rad only needs moving on the 2.4 the 3.0 version allows the rad to stay put with just the shroud modified.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Rad only needs moving on the 2.4 the 3.0 version allows the rad to stay put with just the shroud modified.
              Oh thats annoying! I noticed there would be an issue with the shroud but had seen so much about moving the rad that i thought I had to, took me ages to get that undone!
              But thanks, at least I know I don't have to mess around with that too much now, really appreciate the heads up on that mate!
              Craig

Comment

Working...
              X