my new lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new lift

i have recently installed a rough country 5" lift on my truck i imported it from the states, but have since found a uk supplier that offers it at a similar price without all the f****** around.
    i also had to install 1" spring spacers at the back to level the truck after the lift.

the truck also has a rear auto locker, and 2" body lift among various other mods.
    what do you guys think? other than i am never going to be a shinny club member
    do you think 35s would rub as the 33s look a bit silly now.

nice how did you do the lift is it just shocks and springs and back spacers,or did you have to do othere stuff too

paul
    1992 imported surf 2.4 ssr-x

Comment

its quite a bit more involved than that.
      the front has lower wishbone drop brackets, front diff drop brackets, hub assembly extensions, arb drop brackets, longer shocks and probably a few other bits i cant remember.
      the rear has extended springs, shocks, offset upper control arms to allow more clearance on the fuel tank, and a panhard rod drop bracket.
      it is an excellent kit and very well thought out took me a day to install and required a full front end allignment after installation.
      i have now removed my arbs for better articulation, but with them on the truck drove just as well on the road as before the lift.

Comment

Ahh another Norfolk Surfer.
        Lift looks good.

On a side note - I like your rear bumper/step. Can I ask where you got it/price?
        Thanks

Comment

thanks
          i believe the rear bumper is custom made i bought it from a friend who had a breaker.
          where in norfolk are you?

Comment

Ah thats a shame - I need a rear bumper and liked the look of that!
            I'm in Norwich.

Comment

im in stalham
              do you play in the mud?
              there is a green lane run coming up on the 27th starting at kings lynn,

Comment

Originally posted by cazyp View Post
                Ah thats a shame - I need a rear bumper and liked the look of that!
                I'm in Norwich.
                Give "YOSHIE"a shout on here. He is currently producing something very similiarto that one

Search for "new build" thread on here

Comment

given the choice i would much prefer a yoshie bumper, his workmanship is far superior to that of my bumper.

Comment

Thanks! I'll give him a shout. (Yoshie)
                    Stalhams not too far - have you a workshop - I take it you did the lift all yourself? If not how much did it cost to have done? All I've got is a ###### gravel driveway lol.

Doesn't go far off road - mainly used as my wifes transport.. She's nicked it!

Comment

i have a workshop but the door is too short to fit anything other than a standard surf through, and even that is tight.
                      yes i did the lift myself, when there is no ###### boats in the shed where i work i can put my truck in there to work on.
                      if you need a hand with anything let me know and we should be able to sort something out, i enjoy playing with trucks.
                      whats your wifes truck like? any mods?

Comment

Sounds good. Lol my 'wifes' truck is pretty standard. Had it about 8 years now. She's not keen on a lift due to multistorey car parks access!

Comment

i wouldnt venture into a multistorey now, dont think i would get very far.
                          my misses can only just get in my truck, but i dont mind as its fun watching her try.

Comment

Originally posted by sjoe View Post
                            but have since found a uk supplier that offers it at a similar price.
                            Any chance of a link?

Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

they are not listed on the website but the guy you want to talk to is:
                              http://www.llama4x4.co.uk/
                              he has not done much toyota stuff yet, but is keen to help and seems to know is stuff.
                              i found him as the kit did not include shock gaiters but he got a set to me the next day.
                              apparently they get weekly deliveries so it should not take too long to get the kit, or any other rough country parts you may need.

Comment

Working...
                              X