No announcement yet.

New Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the mock up of the rear bumper and all the mounting brackets.
    Steel will be ordered tomorrow to make the final version, pictures to follow
    Brian

Comment

So not ready to take home on Thursday then

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
        So not ready to take home on Thursday then
        Sorry pal no, a week on Thursday would be ok.

However if you are up here this week mind and visit.
        Brian

Comment

Looks like it 's a flying visit (literally) this time round so in and out on the same day unfortunately. Contractor I'm using will be travelling up with me and he's booked the flights already

Will make the next one a stop over in around 2-3 weeks

Comment

Think I will chop this surf instead of just tidying it up and selling it.
            The pickup will be handy for me and it will give me something to do through the winter.
            I know I could buy one but the prices for total sheds are ridiculous.

Last edited by yoshie; 23 September 2012, 19:46.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Think I will chop this surf instead of just tidying it up and selling it.
              The pickup will be handy for me and it will give me something to do through the winter.
              I know I could buy one but the prices for total sheds are ridiculous.

Thats crying out for a V8.

Comment

Now that would be my perfect work horse.
                Brian

Comment

i think you should make it into a special 'drumclog trayback' edition
                  http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
                    i think you should make it into a special 'drumclog trayback' edition
                    Sorry for the delay mate been away for a couple of weeks sun.

Not done any serious off roading in almost a year pal, better to make this a work horse and something I can drag around the green lanes in the Lakes once you arrange a camping weekend for the spring
                    Brian

Comment

nice one at least some one is enjoying the sun! so will we need our passport now if we come to drumclog ha! yeah i have been busy on top secret project too! will let you know about it good time yeah all set for the spring just let us know when
                      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Almost there with the rear bumper. Still to slash cut the ends to match the arch where the red tape is. {thanks to Tony N for sending me the arch}

Then both ends of bottom and top tubes will be capped and spanned with some sort of design on the plate. Not decided what. Brackets are on the truck and need removed and welded to the bumper and I need to decided if I am infilling that step section with Chequer plate or drilled aluminum.

To dark to show on the truck, I will paint and fit it next weekend to get a proper idea of what I like and don't like about it.

Brian

Comment

Brian, what's the spacing between the two bars on the sides ?

Also would it be possible to put a square plate on the final spacer as it comes round to the back of the truck ? I'm looking to put something like These if they'd fit.

And can you loose the step portion on mine please

Comment

Liking it Brian n looks the nuts .....
                            Can't wait to see all the finished items

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                              Brian, what's the spacing between the two bars on the sides ?

Also would it be possible to put a square plate on the final spacer as it comes round to the back of the truck ? I'm looking to put something like These if they'd fit.

And can you loose the step portion on mine please
                              No problem Andy
                              Brian

Comment

couple of pics of test fit on Surf.
                                Attached Files
                                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                                X