Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Growler View Post
    ..... Hope your using a decent hardwood in the bed

Yep, I would probably do something like this....

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/f.../photo_08.html

Comment

• That's a mighty handsome truck.

It is crying out for a V8 though
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

• Proportions and stance A+. Excellent work.
        " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Yep, I would probably do something like this....

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/f.../photo_08.html

Ha! It's gonna be very similar.

But useable.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

• Thanks for the positive feedback lads. I am about 50hrs into this now and with Alan helping this weekend we made good progress on the bed area, still three good shifts left in the bed to get the result I am after.

After cleaning the underside the chassis is one of the cleanest rust free examples I have seen in a while so I will clean properly and paint it.
            I reckon I am half way and with a break for a trip to the sun next month I am hopeful of being close to the end by July in time for a run to the lakes with the north Wales lads.
            Last edited by yoshie; 31 March 2013, 18:12.
            Brian

Comment

• I've got a nice teaser pic here if you want it posted.

BTW, I was really impressed at how good the chassis and running gear is considering how long it's been sitting idle, should look really good with a bit of tlc and paint.

Those pics you posted shorten the perspective a bit, it looks longer side on, which is a good thing. Once the steel work goes on it will balance out nicely.
              Last edited by KERRSURF; 31 March 2013, 19:18.
              Alan

Comment

• Aye stick your pics up bro.
                Brian

Comment

• Laying out the timber floor.
                  Boards are bonded in place and spaced.

Screwed temporarily to check sizes.

'T' 6mm shaped alloy extrusions placed into gaps, these were cut to length and will be bonded in after speedliner is applied to all surfaces.

I'll need to use a 2 part epoxy compound to seal everything, sand it down, apply speedliner (3 or 4 coats) and then bond in the extrusions.

Won't take long.
                  Alan

Comment

• Alloy angle to fit on tailgate end to finish off and then bond on capping angle.
                    Alan

Comment

• This the colour of the speedliner, it will be textured like this pick up.
                      Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                        Laying out the timber floor.
                        Boards are bonded in place and spaced.

Screwed temporarily to check sizes.

'T' 6mm shaped alloy extrusions placed into gaps, these were cut to length and will be bonded in after speedliner is applied to all surfaces.

I'll need to use a 2 part epoxy compound to seal everything, sand it down, apply speedliner (3 or 4 coats) and then bond in the extrusions.

Won't take long.
                        Marvelous.

Any thoughts about a tonneau cover?

Comment

• Looking good chaps, looking good.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Thanks Andy.

No cover planned Vince unless Brian is keeping it a secret. .
                            Alan

Comment

• Some good and not so good pickup conversions here....
                              http://retrorides.proboards.com/inde...&thread=134521

Love the Mustang and FD Victor.

Got another query, is the truck going to be road registered?

Comment

• Yes pal will be road legal. Notify DVLA of body style and colour change to get a v5 that will match the trucks new appearance.
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X