No announcement yet.

Which seats fit my non-recaro 2nd gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which seats fit my non-recaro 2nd gen?

I hear celica seats are the job for a 2nd gen but I want to check if it's the recaro or standard seats that they replace as I understand standard and recaro seats have different fitment. I heard MR2 seats fit but I tried mark 1s and the rails were shorter and narrower. Maybe MR2 mark 2's fit? And do supra seats fit too? If so, which year?

Celica seats seem to be the most common on ebay so I think they're what I'll go for as long as someone can confirm that they have the same fittings as the standard surf seats and not the recaro type.

Cheers.

Look through the links at the foot of this page and the links at the foot of the pages that open up.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

or maybe this?
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

I've trawled through a lot of previous posts and they haven't made it clear whether the replacements used are appropriate for recaro or non-recaro. That's all I want to know before I spend the money.

The lexus idea is no good to me as I want as close to a straight swap as I can get. I don't mind drilling an extra hole but grinding, bending or welding are not what I'd like to get involved in. I just want new seats!

From what I've read, it seems that celica seats will go straight in with no messing, but is it the recaro or standard type that they go straight into? Does nobody know? Surely people on here have done this swap!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthLondonPlasterer View Post
          I've trawled through a lot of previous posts and they haven't made it clear whether the replacements used are appropriate for recaro or non-recaro. That's all I want to know before I spend the money.

The lexus idea is no good to me as I want as close to a straight swap as I can get. I don't mind drilling an extra hole but grinding, bending or welding are not what I'd like to get involved in. I just want new seats!

From what I've read, it seems that celica seats will go straight in with no messing, but is it the recaro or standard type that they go straight into? Does nobody know? Surely people on here have done this swap!
          I Think it's the Gen7 Celica, that are pretty much a straight swap for either seats. but just wait until an adult confirms this first!
          I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Celica gen 7 seats need the feet from the original. Cut feet off and weld. Been there....done that.

Don't know of any straight swaps.
            Last edited by Overland Tonka; 27 April 2012, 06:54.
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Really? I'm surprised. When I tried the MR2 seats, the fittings were identical except the position of them. If they hadn't been too short, but just too narrow, I could have drilled new holes and fitted them. The feet were exactly the same. The close similarity gave me reassurance that there must be another toyota with seats that would go straight in. Am I definitely wrong on this one?

Comment

Really? I'm surprised. When I tried the MR2 seats, the fittings were identical except the position of them. If they hadn't been too short, but just too narrow, I could have drilled new holes and fitted them. The feet were exactly the same. The close similarity gave me reassurance that there must be another toyota with seats that would go straight in. Am I definitely wrong on this one?
                As you say....close....but no cigar.

If your happy drilling holes in your floor I guess you could fit anything...got a nice sofa at home for sale....interested?
                .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                  If your happy drilling holes in your floor I guess you could fit anything...got a nice sofa at home for sale....interested?
                  You're*

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    Fair enough. I knew I should have given those A levels in English language and English literature back.

Your right though. In my defense I figured the way the subject was going that no one would notice.
                    .... Which was nice.

Comment

Fair enough. I knew I should have given those A levels in English language and English literature back.

Your right though. In my defense I figured the way the subject was going that no one would notice.
                      It's made it twice as interesting though

Comment

*defence

Right I'll stick with finding good condition Surf seats then. Booooring!

Comment

You're!

Comment

*defence

Right I'll stick with finding good condition Surf seats then. Booooring!
                            Cure the boredom by spending some time fitting the seats you want.

I find Britain's Got Talent is boring and working on the truck is rewarding.
                            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              You're!
                              Haha....first prize...can't believe it took that long to spot it
                              .... Which was nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X