No announcement yet.

HID kits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice - but not cheap... Prefer to get spots and rail floods sorted first.
    Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Ain't it against the law to fit these without that there new fangled self leveling suspension?

Might well be talking bull, just something I read somewhere once (quite probably on here)

Comment

I thought the conclusion, from reading all the old threads here, was that:

a) They may be illegal to retrofit depending on what way the wind is blowing/who does your MOT.

b) The beam pattern is crap if you don't have the later-type clear lenses (like on Vince's 99) on your headlamps. To the point where someone here fitted them, then took them off, IIRC.

c) I found clear-lens headlights for the 3rd Gen on ebay and they were (IIRC) £225 a side or even dafter money. You'd have to really want them...

Edit: They are still 225 a go. ebay item 400067081674
        Last edited by J i m s t e r; 7 February 2012, 12:00.
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

got them for 3 years now, and now one of the bulbs gone off, passed mots no probs.
          im thinking to get same hid headlamp unit, if there is any (depends on ££'s)
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ambobeer View Post
            Ain't it against the law to fit these without that there new fangled self leveling suspension?

Might well be talking bull, just something I read somewhere once (quite probably on here)
            It's the headlamps themselves that are self levelling. The proper kit stops you from blinding on coming traffic. How many times have your eyes been near burnt out at night when some tw@t is coming at you with HID's? That's usually the DIY kits which have been fitted outside of factory spec.

Comment

Headlights

Found these on Fleabay and wondered if they would fir a 3rd Gen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1707629521...84.m1438.l2649

Regards,

Julian.
              YAY got me a SURF...at last!

Comment

As far as I know the law got tighter this year. To have HIDs the headlights need to be self leveling.

As long as the headlights have electric leveling (not 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen) there is a kit to add the self leveling.

I could be wrong though....

Regards,

Julian.
                YAY got me a SURF...at last!

Comment

Yeah I suppose I meant self leveling lights rather than suspension, wasn't too awake when I first posted. My Laguna has HIDs and you cannot get the headlight units out without dismantling most of the front end of the car due to the stupid great motorised nugget on the back of them. Chuffin bright though.

Don't think an MOT tester would fail one for them being there though, just a case of whether an over zealous plod spotted them and decided to do something about it. Car is going for test on Monday night, I'll ask the question.

Comment

Don't think an MOT tester would fail one for them being there though.
                    Mine did, due to beam pattern, he also failed the LED sidelights as they gave a blueish tint.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                      Mine did, due to beam pattern, he also failed the LED sidelights as they gave a blueish tint.
                      Hmmm, you need a new MOT tester. Mine's the coolest dude in town. Well at least the most sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                        Found these on Fleabay and wondered if they would fir a 3rd Gen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1707629521...84.m1438.l2649

Regards,

Julian.
                        Nope. they are the wrong shape!
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

Hmmm, you need a new MOT tester. Mine's the coolest dude in town. Well at least the most sensible.
                          I take it all back, he's just failled my Laguna.

Comment

I take it all back, he's just failled my Laguna.
                            Anything to do with the lights?

Comment

No surprisingly not, they were bang on despite me pulling them in bits a couple of weeks ago. Failed on rear trailing arm bushes and a ball joint.

Asked him what he thought about Xenons and he says he wouldn't have failed the surf for having them but there are a whole new set of rules coming in this year that might change his mind on that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X