Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Hi all is the surf good to go off road in standard form or do I need to do any prep work, I'm going with my mate soon and he is so looking forward to pulling me out with his defender.
    I've just fitted Dunlop at22 globetreckers but I've done nothing else, if he ends up pulling me out I will never hear the end of it

Originally posted by Sparkey View Post
    Hi all is the surf good to go off road in standard form or do I need to do any prep work, I'm going with my mate soon and he is so looking forward to pulling me out with his defender.
    I've just fitted Dunlop at22 globetreckers but I've done nothing else, if he ends up pulling me out I will never hear the end of it
    I went round Drumclog in a standard Surf, I only got stuck three times in 2 days. As long as tou don't try any heroics, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what a standard Surf can do.

As for modifications. How much money do you have?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      I went round Drumclog in a standard Surf, I only got stuck three times in 2 days. As long as tou don't try any heroics, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what a standard Surf can do.

As for modifications. How much money do you have?
      Cheers mate as for money depends how nice I am to the wife

Comment

If you've got side steps and a tow bar, take them off before you go, 5 min job and makes alot of difference for ground clearance. I'd look at getting some longer rear springs and wind up the torsion bars, if youve got the money get some longer shocks aswell. Remover the rear antiroll bar for some more articulation.

But a standard surf is still a very capable vehicle and you might end up pulling him out....

Let us know how it goes....
        www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
          If you've got side steps and a tow bar, take them off before you go, 5 min job and makes alot of difference for ground clearance. I'd look at getting some longer rear springs and wind up the torsion bars, if youve got the money get some longer shocks aswell. Remover the rear antiroll bar for some more articulation.

But a standard surf is still a very capable vehicle and you might end up pulling him out....

Let us know how it goes....
          Cheers for the advice will look into it I've still got to explain what roughtrax is when she sees the bank statement
          I don't want to raise the ride height ive only got about an inch Clearence before it won't go in the garage

Comment

haha fair enough, raise the roof of the garage?
            www.apmautos.com

Comment

Originally posted by bullet513 View Post
              haha fair enough, raise the roof of the garage?
              Good plan

Comment

I was in Bala pay and play last month and one of the guys with us had a standard Surf apart from a set of all terrain tyres.

As previously stated remove towbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  I went round Drumclog in a standard Surf.
                  As long as tou don't try any heroics, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what a standard Surf can do.
                  Ditto n my only addition was KL71's

10+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a " T " is my Yota
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                  X