winch bumper LOOK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winch bumper LOOK

Hi guys and girls,Iv just bought this bumper,my question is, can anyone identify it for me,(im thinking its a JDM,but not sure) but my main question is,how do I go about moding it to accept the 2" body lift,and do i need to fab up a cradle for the winch,as there is no tray inside the bumper to take a winch like the ARB type?
    cheers Alan
    Attached Files
    Not going to rest till its broke

Originally posted by 123-gtt View Post
    Hi guys and girls,Iv just bought this bumper,my question is, can anyone identify it for me,(im thinking its a JDM,but not sure) but my main question is,how do I go about moding it to accept the 2" body lift,and do i need to fab up a cradle for the winch,as there is no tray inside the bumper to take a winch like the ARB type?
    cheers Alan
    got the body lift done and winch fitted on a very similar winch bumper
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...8&d=1317414803
    i will take new pics tomorrow that might help.
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
      got the body lift done and winch fitted on a very similar winch bumper
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/attachmen...8&d=1317414803
      i will take new pics tomorrow that might help.
      brill thank you mate,that would be fantastic

cheers alan

Comment

whinch fitted upside down to avoid cut for the free Spul (not sure how to write that word, hope is right) made a plate same shape of the bumper on the inside and atached to the legs of the bumper (extended 2" for the lift) and attached to the chassis. didnt use yet for heavy stuff yet due im replacing the fuel pump.
        the cables inside, like this got less trouble with the solenoids (dry, less dirt, people, ...) hope that helps.
        i will accept same suggestions how i got it done, to improve it, due im not an mechanic, or got gold hands like bushwacker.
        Attached Files

Comment

nice one cheers for that,I have noticed a few little bits that differ from my bumper,but its close!,looks like im cracking the welder out then,or if its too cold someone is getting paid to do it!

Comment

I think the bumper is rubbish and you should sell it to me ....... Cheap!........
            .... Which was nice.

Comment

Why put LOOK in the title? Is it that ebay thing where you think it will help? I have absolutely nothing to say about winch bumpers, but it said LOOK so I Looked. I'm none the wiser for looking, so what's the point? Surely anyone interested in winch bumpers would have looked anyway because it said 'Winch bumper' ?
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                Why put LOOK in the title? Is it that ebay thing where you think it will help? I have absolutely nothing to say about winch bumpers, but it said LOOK so I Looked. I'm none the wiser for looking, so what's the point? Surely anyone interested in winch bumpers would have looked anyway because it said 'Winch bumper' ?
                God,give me strength

Comment

No really, why even type 'LOOK' what is it there for? Is it an acronym? I honestly have no idea why you would do that.
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

No really, why even type 'LOOK' what is it there for? Is it an acronym? I honestly have no idea why you would do that.
                    Jesus,who gives a shit, just leave it

Comment

Sorry, I was only asking..
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                        I think the bumper is rubbish and you should sell it to me ....... Cheap!........
                        if i die i leave you my cheap rubbish bumper,
                        better wait sitting is not in my plans yet

Comment

Sorry, I was only asking..
                          sorry that was a bit rough,Its just I did not want to get dragged in to one of those forum, pointless arguments about,spellings,grammar, little class room jabs and all that stuff,it is the reason why I left the forum last time,I just wanted to stick to the point!

point being In the post,please LOOK at my WINCH BUMPER!
                          you don't have be interested in them,just a opinion on how to solve my problem with it,being if I lift the truck it will no longer fit,and you don't have be be interested to tell me, if you know the make of it,I think it's all straight forward,and in all fairness it is in the modifications and titles WINCH BUMPER LOOK, EG,I need people to look to tell me the make,and if your not interested in WINCH BUMPERS don't look.

I would not title it( if your not interested in winch bumpers dont look,its just a winch bumper)
                          plus point of this waste of time, iv learnt another lesson about forums

Comment

OK. Fair enough. So 'Help fitting winch bumper' would have done it then. Sorry again, I'll let you get back to it.
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

You left over bad grammar?
                              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X