Side exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side exhaust

I was wondering what is the simplest way of having the exhaust routed out the side?

The middle box is/has started blowing and thought now would be good time to start converting from rear exit to side exit.The rear pipe is also a bit squished flat but that is another story....

I have had a look at searching but with a short attention span I veer off to bespoke stainless systems,can I remember talk of a Transit rear box being used or have I imagined it?

Saw a focus on a 03 plate I think with the rear box and tail pipe angle looking like something I was after,

Any ideas on the easiest and cheapest way that I can have the exhaust exiting out of the side?

Cheers
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

You don't need the rear box and the front doesn't need to be as big as it comes standard.

Find your nearest exhaust manufacturer not supplier, they'll supply the pipe and a non too restrictive box. For the tail You just need a straight pipe to replace the back box and a 90deg bend to exit the side.

Comment

Ooops should have said it is on a 2.4
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        Ooops should have said it is on a 2.4
        Makes no difference, as long as it's a turbo diesel. The turbo absorbs a lot of the exhaust noise and negates the need for any back pressure usually thought of when designing exhaust systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
          You don't need the rear box and the front doesn't need to be as big as it comes standard.

Find your nearest exhaust manufacturer not supplier, they'll supply the pipe and a non too restrictive box. For the tail You just need a straight pipe to replace the back box and a 90deg bend to exit the side.
          so quite literally take out the holy silencer fit in new smaller box and exit pipe out the side?
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thats all mine is. But you might not have noticed under all the mud.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Do you get any drone with these set ups?
              I'm getting tempted, but quite like the silent(ish) standard system...
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Mine isn't really much noisier than stock, Its just a random silencer I got from one of those places than make stainless systems.

The intake noise through the snorkel and the turbo are louder than the exhaust.

Comment

try this lot for the bits you need - www.jetex.co.uk

Comment

How easy is this kind of stuff to do with no Welder and only the Street outside to work on.... Oh if it can be done without a welder that is!!

All i want to do is run a straight piece of 3" from the Manifold all the way to the back, no silencer etc (as there seems to be little or no noise from the turbo anyway).
                    Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
                      How easy is this kind of stuff to do with no Welder and only the Street outside to work on.... Oh if it can be done without a welder that is!!

All i want to do is run a straight piece of 3" from the Manifold all the way to the back, no silencer etc (as there seems to be little or no noise from the turbo anyway).
                      You need to kick it up over the axle...other wise it'll get bashed.
                      Clamps and exhaust paste will do the same job, if a little messier. You will need a tube bender though - you can hire them for a few quid.
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Nice one mate, so if i get a couple of 1m 3" tubes and then maybe a bump and clamps etc its gona be doable.

I was quoted £100 (Verbally) to have it done by the local exhaust place but they want it for three hours + so thining about the hight of the thing i thought it may be easy enough to DIY it.
                        Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
                          Its quite loud with no silencer, I didn't like it when tried it. plus won't pass an MOT.

You don't need to go all the way to the back, just come out by the back doors and save all the hassle of going over the axle.

Comment

I think I am going to take the easy route out,and let somebody do it for me.If it was in copper tube I would be on easy street,just found out that my "mate" who borrowed my floor standing benders has em "lent them on to friend of his "
                            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                              ... just found out that my "mate" who borrowed my floor standing benders has em "lent them on to friend of his "
                              Cheeky fecker!

Comment

Working...
                              X