ATF temp sender.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF temp sender.

I did this recently to Lexurf VII's transmission sump....

I welded a small square of steel plate to the sump pan, drilled and tapped a 1/8"NPT hole for a temperature sender.
    As you can see it's well out of harm's way and is shielded by the bellhousing.

I have a couple of Surf sump pans here that I could do the same for anyone wanting to fit a transmission temp gauge to go with their ATF cooler upgrade. I could do it on an exchange basis where I send you a modified sump pan thats drilled and tapped for a temp sender plus all cleaned up ready to fit to your transmission, and you return your old pan to me. That way your truck will only be out of action for as long as it takes you to scrape off your old gasket goop and re-fit the pan. Just postage costs for silver/blue star members and £10 plus post to everyone else. What you fink?
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 11 September 2011, 21:24.

Looks good vince & very cheap.
    Do you have 3rd gen sumps laying around?
    Need to get round to fitting a cooler to mine but as usual I get side tracked although TBH I'm not going to be towing again this year so I'm probably going to do it when work calms down a bit but that's looking like Christmas at this rate it going.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
      Looks good vince & very cheap.
      Do you have 3rd gen sumps laying around?
      Need to get round to fitting a cooler to mine but as usual I get side tracked although TBH I'm not going to be towing again this year so I'm probably going to do it when work calms down a bit but that's looking like Christmas at this rate it going.

I'll double check on my older 3rd gen, but I'm pretty sure the 2nd and 3rd gen sumps are all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        I'll double check on my older 3rd gen, but I'm pretty sure the 2nd and 3rd gen sumps are all the same.
        Been thinking, I already have the digital temp gauge so would it be worth while fitting the trans sender aswell?

Comment

Always good to keep an eye on whats happening with the engine/transmission, especially when towing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Always good to keep an eye on whats happening with the engine/transmission, especially when towing.
            Oh I agree, she "the other half" is thinking about doing a part ex on the caravan for a camper, I'm not convinced.
            Next she will be saying we don't need the surf as we no longer need to tow the caravan, ye like fcuk.

Comment

Woh! I nearly missed this thread. I must pay better attention.

Great idea Vince!

That's the first I've got a glimpse of the alternator finished
              The engine in the backround looks simply amazing!

Comment

neat vince - ill do that on my next atf change.

its a lot better than the fitting in the pipe on mine - simples always the best.

Comment

Originally posted by gbv2 View Post
                  The engine in the backround looks simply amazing!
                  I suspect that was intentional
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Just baiting the hook.

Comment

I'll send you my 3rd Gen pan to do please, then you can check they are the same or not as well.

No rush getting it back, it dosn't have an engine yet!
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I may be interested Ill let you know once Ive stripped the body off the truck.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          I'll send you my 3rd Gen pan to do please, then you can check they are the same or not as well.....
                          I'm a fool, of course they are different, the dipstick is on the other side, I should have known that! :doh:

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            I'm a fool, of course they are different, the dipstick is on the other side, I should have known that! :doh:

Thats the only difference though.

You can still send it with a return ticket.

Comment

Nice tweak Vince, fits out of the way like you say too.

Might have a look at that..gonna have to pull the trans' out of mine as I've a small leak from the bell housing..may have caused some trauma whilst fitting it

Comment

Working...
                              X