Finally Lifted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Lifted

After having the truck for over a year and a half I finally was able to afford a proper lift. I went with 3" longer coil springs in the rear from a LC FJ80 with matching 3" longer Bilstein shocks. In the front I got 4crawler 1.5" ball joint spacers, torsion bars cranked, and 2" longer Bilstein shocks as well. The pics here are actually before I cranked the torsion bars and prior to the alignment. I have 35" M/Ts (actually measure 33.5") that I'll be putting on as soon as I have the rims Im supposed to get this week. I anticipate some minor fender bashing to avoid rubbing but we'll see. I also put in a 2" body lift from 4crawler a month back. Here's a couple pics:

Before:

After:

My newly lifted surf beside my buddies tiny stock lil Jeep XJ (Cherokee) lol:

I also have a new custom rear bumper I'll post pics of tomorrow.

Cheers!

-Steve

P.S. the decal on the side is for my business, I keep and breed exotic reptiles/amphibians/insects and perform educational/interactive shows for children in schools, daycares, home birthday parties, malls, and you name it! Our site is www.PrairieExotics.ca or check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pra...35011816530798
    Last edited by turbo_steve; 28 June 2011, 06:09.

Cool.. nicely done!!

Does make the stock wheels look tiny, hurry up with those 35's

Comment

thats gona look ace wit the 35''s on it!!

Comment

Hi mate,just a quick one as im doing the same lift,did you use spring locators?
        cheers its looking good, can you post a pic with the tyres on
        Not going to rest till its broke

Comment

Originally posted by 123-gtt View Post

Those Landcruiser springs are the same as mine that I fitted back in 2004, I can tell by the little dabs of green and yellow paint on the right hand spring. They're standard springs not the light blue heavy duty (HD) versions, so no spring seats are needed as they are made from thinner wire.

Comment

Ahhh balls, iv bought the ones from millners light blue, I did not want to go down the location spacers route if I could have helped it d,
            Anyone want to swap or sell me some spring locators?

Comment

No spring locators. Here's a couple pics:

The spare tire shows how deep the water was getting to the rock:

Comment

where did you get the rear bumper?it looks well nice

Comment

What ratios are you running to have 35's?
                  What size/offset wheels and how much bashing was required to fit them?
                  I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

where did you get the rear bumper?it looks well nice
                    Rear bumper is a custom build by me and a buddy, strong as all hell, I can lift the whole truck up by it without bending!

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
                    What ratios are you running to have 35's?
                    What size/offset wheels and how much bashing was required to fit them?
                    Running 4.88s, wheels were stock offset I believe, and there was no rubbing/issues. I have 2" body lift, 3"+ LC coils, 1.5" bj spacer and torsions cranked. Tires although "35s" only measured about 33.75" tall. I did no bashing, I ended cutting a small tab outta the platic wheel well but thats all.

Although I could spin the 35s on loose gravel and didn't have too much issues wheelin with them the hiway wasn't so great and the tranny was alot hotter. I'm going to be going to 5.29s shortly. I also plan to remove the 2" body lift, get wheel spacers or more offset rims, and cut the fenders and make custom wide flares since our local "vehicle inspection unit" feels my truck is too tall for it's width.

Comment

Cool, make sure you document the regearing job!
                      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

that rear bumper is just what I'm after

need to find someone here who can knock up one!!

looks great

Comment

Working...
                        X